• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yay! Finally

15 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Nate’sCC said:

My first submission finally showed in in the scheduled for grading! Wonder why they don’t have a way to make sure your books are with them when they get delivered?

I'd say play devil's advocate and brainstorm with yourself.  Whether you ultimately think those reasons are good enough is a different topic, but i bet you'll be able to come up with some reasons why they don't.

The above answer may come off a bit condescending, but is not meant to be.  The answers you come up with yourself are likely to be the strongest argument to you personally, and therefore more likely to provide you with the most satisfactory (even if not satisfactory enough) answer.

42 minutes ago, Nate’sCC said:

My first submission finally showed in in the scheduled for grading! Wonder why they don’t have a way to make sure your books are with them when they get delivered?

How long from delivery to being received by CGC?

16 hours ago, Nate’sCC said:

There is a way, it's the good old fashioned signature confirmation. If you get a delivery confirmation, then you know it's at CGC in the waiting list to be started on.

3 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

So I have at least 3 weeks before I see something...maybe??

yup, waiting time is around 1 month between delivery confirmation and process start for your book. Any grade under 9.9 only looks at wear of a comic.

Edited by William-James88

There are some, maybe obvious, exceptions to this rule. Signature Series and Express/Walkthrough tiers are not waiting that long from delivery to opening. Just everything else.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

yup, waiting time is around 1 month between delivery confirmation and process start for your book. Any grade under 9.9 only looks at wear of a comic.

I sent my first set of comics and did insurance on them and tracking. They received them on 3/23/2021 and hopefully in the next week or two they will show up in the inventory list to be checked in. I want to send another set of comics soon, but would like to see this first one on how the process goes. But getting excited though!

15 hours ago, Dan Dubberstein said:

I sent my first set of comics and did insurance on them and tracking. They received them on 3/23/2021 and hopefully in the next week or two they will show up in the inventory list to be checked in. I want to send another set of comics soon, but would like to see this first one on how the process goes. But getting excited though!

That’s what I was waiting for to send a second round in. 

My 1st order was received at CGC on 3/15 Monday was a month and I emailed them. They told me this week they are starting to open packages received on 3/15/21. I'm like some of you this was my 1st order and I have more orders ready to go. I just need to see my order in the view submissions page before I pull the trigger. And someone up here stated get a package that someone needs to sign at CGC when your box arrives. To me after thumbing thru hundreds of forum posts here where often no one has real advice other then grin and bear it. I consider that having someone sign for it the single greatest bit of advice on this forum. 

William james88 said There is a way, it's the good old fashioned signature confirmation. If you get a delivery confirmation, then you know it's at CGC in the waiting list to be started on.

I couldn't get the quote to work but thank you wonderful advice. I wish I had done that and will never again send a package to CGC without doing that. Waiting everyday for my order to appear has been nerve wracking.

Thing is, that will still only be USPS confirmation. There's no guarantee that someone actually signed for it. Look around the boards, there's been threads of people talking about how, in Covid times, no one wants to touch the machine to sign, so they just deliver it anyway.

Even after(if) someone signs for it, it probably won't show up on your submissions page. It will still go to the back of the queue for opening. You'll just have a sig confirmation instead of a "delivered" in your tracking status.

And, if you didn't know this already, sig confirmations can be done online. I have it set up in my USPS informed delivery. If I have a package that requires a signature, I can just apply my electronic signature and never see it until I pick it up.  :)

I'm not saying it may not make you feel a little bit better to do sig confirmation, but I'm not sure it means all that much right now.

1 hour ago, Dadcoe1212 said:

My 1st order was received at CGC on 3/15 Monday was a month and I emailed them. They told me this week they are starting to open packages received on 3/15/21. I'm like some of you this was my 1st order and I have more orders ready to go. I just need to see my order in the view submissions page before I pull the trigger. And someone up here stated get a package that someone needs to sign at CGC when your box arrives. To me after thumbing thru hundreds of forum posts here where often no one has real advice other then grin and bear it. I consider that having someone sign for it the single greatest bit of advice on this forum. 

William james88 said There is a way, it's the good old fashioned signature confirmation. If you get a delivery confirmation, then you know it's at CGC in the waiting list to be started on.

I couldn't get the quote to work but thank you wonderful advice. I wish I had done that and will never again send a package to CGC without doing that. Waiting everyday for my order to appear has been nerve wracking.

I use signature required for expensive books, as it is required by my insurance company. As I mentioned earlier in some other thread, my mailwoman brought a book to my door that required signature confirmation. She said, "I just signed your name for you. Nobody wants to touch these pens/pads because of COVID-19."

However, on cheaper books or TPBs, I just get a tracking number, regardless if it is Priority Mail or Media Mail. And I can see if it has been delivered, and it generally even states phrases like, "DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX," "DELIVERED PARCEL LOCKER," "DELIVERED LEFT WITH INDIVIDUAL," "DELIVERED FRONT DOOR/PORCH," and "DELIVERED TO RECEPTION DESK." I'm not sure why this type of message would not be sufficient.