• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When did NM 87 start tanking in price?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

Tanking? Not at all. A 9.8 has had a few record sales in the past month. The book isn't skyrocketing like some other keys, but almost all grades are rising in value. Why do you think it's tanking?

I rember a couple of years ago they were worth more.  Maybe your right since this key has not risen like the other ones

3 minutes ago, bronzejunkie said:

NM 87 has doubled in price in the past 3 months. I feel its a severly undervalued copper marvel key.

Definitely undervalued. 

46 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

NM 87 has always lagged behind 98 and in general.  Cable's an old guy and not a very popular character, especially compared to Deadpool. Highly unlikely to get a spin off or solo movie, etc.  I'd say NM 87 is about where it should be.

I get this way of thinking but I don't know if a character's current popularity is the only key. I would also think about whether they have a central role in any really popular critically acclaimed Marvel storylines and sometimes even that doesn't matter.

I mean for the life of me, even all these years later, I cannot understand how Marvel built a successful franchise out of Guardians of the Galaxy. I will never say a character can't work after that. And once the MCU consists of film, Disney+ and Hulu shows they'll need looooots of content (shrug)

54 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

NM 87 has always lagged behind 98 and in general.  Cable's an old guy and not a very popular character, especially compared to Deadpool. Highly unlikely to get a spin off or solo movie, etc.  I'd say NM 87 is about where it should be.

Agreed. I wouldn’t put money in it climbing like other books. A decent key and there are fans but nowhere near as many as Deadpool.

2 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

Funny thing is I think Cable is much cooler than Deadpool. I also think the cover to 87 is much more iconic than 98. Just my 2 cents.

8 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

Not always, Not for nearly the first 15-20 years of its life.

$200 for a cgc 9.4 SS Liefield in January and $275 in March. $470 for a Stan Lee one in March (a book he had nothing to do with, dumb). McFarlane SSs listed in $400s.

Doesn't look like the Liefield sig helps as much as others.

Sounds like it is going up? Regular 9.8s around $800ish.

What was it before Deadpool 2?

We now expect every 1st CA key to be $1000-2000 in 9.8 and to have doubled in the last 3 months. That is crazy.