• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.8 Graded tiny tick on left corner
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Ok. Everybody be patient with me....this is where my obsessive compulsive kicks in!! I have this graded at 9.8 in 2017 but i see a (small tick as i call it on top left) corner of comic. So again begs the question??..in everyone's opinion is this a normal flaw for a 9.8 grading? as in other comics that are the same and are 9.8's don't have it...I'm I crazy or is this normal? 

Thanks Guys!

P.S I did buy the comic on eBay the slab doesn't open from side or cracked ..Its the concave or sunk in solid slab. Also the Mylar inside looks melted or something. Maybe its just me lol

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by cmeng

4 hours ago, cmeng said:

Appreciated!

The rule of thumb says there has to be something on a 9.8 that keeps it from being a 9.9 or a 10.0. It appears your tiny bindery chip is it. And heat sealing the inner well is a normal part of the encapsulation process. 

I hope this helps your OCD...