• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GI Joe Marvel art is red hot!!
1 1

63 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, buckycap said:

First appearance of Duke and Roadblock on that page though.

This is page 18. Is it their first appearance page in the book or are they on many pages previous to this page?

Edited by Timely

39 minutes ago, Timely said:

This is page 18. Is it their first appearance page in the book or are they on many pages previous to this page?

I'll have to take a look at the issue later today but I'm pretty sure this is the first time we see them both in a full appearance. The page before might have them in shadows in the background or something similar. It's been a while since I flipped thru this issue.

1 hour ago, buckycap said:

I'll have to take a look at the issue later today but I'm pretty sure this is the first time we see them both in a full appearance. The page before might have them in shadows in the background or something similar. It's been a while since I flipped thru this issue.

I know first appearances are hot, and I know GI Joe has a strong comics history, but is this their first appearance anywhere? or did the cartoon or toy come out before this?

Malvin

38 minutes ago, malvin said:

I know first appearances are hot, and I know GI Joe has a strong comics history, but is this their first appearance anywhere? or did the cartoon or toy come out before this?

Malvin

This would be 1st comic app like Batman Adventures #12 for Harley. Pretty sure the toys and cartoon came first. I guess this would be similar to a Batman Adventures #12 page with Harley.

23 minutes ago, buckycap said:

This would be 1st comic app like Batman Adventures #12 for Harley. Pretty sure the toys and cartoon came first. I guess this would be similar to a Batman Adventures #12 page with Harley.

This book actually predated their 1st appearance in the cartoon by a month or so.

Edited by Micah S.

3 hours ago, buckycap said:

Out of curiosity, how many of us would take a serious run (i.e. at auction) at an animation cel or animation pencil drawing from Harley Quinn's 1st appearance in BTAS ?? 

I generally have little interest in cels unless they're relatively cheap.  The flaking paint or shrinking cels seems scary.  I can go for a decent animation pencil drawing, again if they're kind of cheap.

Edited by Will_K

5 hours ago, buckycap said:

I had my childhood copy of this book available.  It looks like this page was the 1st Roadblock and Duke appearance and they were not on any prior pages in the book.  They introduce themselves to the rest of the Joes on pages that follow.  I was tracking the OA for this page, and thought I had a shot at $3,000 or so.  Shocked it went for over $12,000 even with the 1st appearances.  Great page though.  

5 hours ago, Micah S. said:

This book actually predated their 1st appearance in the cartoon by a month or so.

That's pretty cool to know. Though the Duke figure had to have been out before the book. I believe he was first released as a mail order figure before the carded version came out. 

2 hours ago, Mickey7 said:

I had my childhood copy of this book available.  It looks like this page was the 1st Roadblock and Duke appearance and they were not on any prior pages in the book.  They introduce themselves to the rest of the Joes on pages that follow.  I was tracking the OA for this page, and thought I had a shot at $3,000 or so.  Shocked it went for over $12,000 even with the 1st appearances.  Great page though.  

Just checked my copy too. Definitely a 1st app page.

3 hours ago, Will_K said:

Out of curiosity, how many of us would take a serious run (i.e. at auction) at an animation cel or animation pencil drawing from Harley Quinn's 1st appearance in BTAS ?? 

I generally have little interest in cels unless they're relatively cheap.  The flaking paint or shrinking cels seems scary.  I can go for a decent animation pencil drawing, again if they're kind of cheap.

I got a cel from the "Mad Love" Harley origin episode. I'd be interested in a cell from her 1st episode.