• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Pressing Service?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I was told on Reddit there's people on these forums that do it and are highly regarded, and the top google search is Hero Restoration who press and ship to cgc at 20% off grading price. Any recommendations or reviews on these services would be great. I'd be open to CCS but the common consensus isn't super hot. 

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

+1 for CFP

Lol well now I regret doing my research after buying the premium tier. Do you think I'll still get my value out of it? Beyond not wanting the pressing, I don't really see the benefit to the Premium and missing out on pressing and 20% off. Any aid would help my buyers remorse. I do have most of Claremont's X-Men run that I planned to do a bunch of grading and small flipping, is it really valuable to Press everything, or should I just send those in bulk since they're all high grade and make use of the premium tier I bought? 

Edited by Comic Pingu

3 minutes ago, Comic Pingu said:

Lol well now I regret doing my research after buying the premium tier. Do you think I'll still get my value out of it? Beyond not wanting the pressing, I don't really see the benefit to the Premium and missing out on pressing and 20% off. Any aid would help my buyers remorse. 

I got Premium my first year and the credit paid for itself.  If you submit enough books, it's a no brainer.  I went on a binge that first year because it was a completely new aspect of the hobby I had never explored.  Now that I've submitted most of the books I would have submitted, it doesn't make sense for me to have a paid tier.  So I submit through facilitators or buy already slabbed.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

If you submit enough books, it's a no brainer.

Now I apologize for sounding dumb if I do, but I still don't see how me shipping myself at a 15% discount beats the pressing + %20 off. I suppose it comes down to not every book needing pressing, turn around time, and that 5% splitting profit hairs? 

10 hours ago, KCOComics said:

CFP has about 15 of my books right now! 

Not every book needs pressing, that is true. But you can actually have CFP screen your books. 

So, if I wanna send 25 books for shipping purposes but I only want a handful pressed, can I just have the rest be along for the ride (maybe screened) then go on to cgc?

Edited by Comic Pingu

16 minutes ago, Comic Pingu said:

So, if I wanna send 25 books for shipping purposes but I only want a handful signed, can I just have the rest be along for the ride (maybe screened) then go on to cgc?

I'm confused, what is it you're trying to do?  Do you want to submit 25 books for grading, but only 5 of those for signings?  Are these being pressed?

4 hours ago, Comic Pingu said:

So, if I wanna send 25 books for shipping purposes but I only want a handful signed, can I just have the rest be along for the ride (maybe screened) then go on to cgc?

The signature series complicates things a bit.  The pressers are independent operation that don't work for CGC, though some do submissions and partner with CGC. 

You could send the comics to a presser, have him press the books then submit to cgc with some going to the signature series, but ideally you would want the pressing done after the signature. 

The book will be handled a fair amount during the signature process and you want the press to clean up any creasing that may occur before encapsulation. 

So, if your using the signature series, I would recommend using CCS, at least for the 5 books going SS. You can use CFP for the others if you want. 

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I'm confused, what is it you're trying to do?  Do you want to submit 25 books for grading, but only 5 of those for signings?  Are these being pressed?

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

The signature series complicates things a bit.  The pressers are independent operation that don't work for CGC, though some do submissions and partner with CGC. 

You could send the comics to a presser, have him press the books then submit to cgc with some going to the signature series, but ideally you would want the pressing done after the signature. 

The book will be handled a fair amount during the signature process and you want the press to clean up any creasing that may occur before encapsulation. 

So, if your using the signature series, I would recommend using CCS, at least for the 5 books going SS. You can use CFP for the others if you want. 

Oops! My bad, wrong wording, I meant to say a handful pressed. In that I don’t want all pressed, but I do want the batch of 25 for the shipping.

36 minutes ago, Comic Pingu said:

Oops! My bad, wrong wording, I meant to say a handful pressed. In that I don’t want all pressed, but I do want the batch of 25 for the shipping.

Got it.  

Probably best to email Joey at CFP. 

You could submit the non-presssd books on your own and then work with Joey to get the rest submitted. I believe they can submit either with your account or his account. But I'm not sure and don't want to mislead you. 

If you're doing SS the grading/pressing portion is expedited anyway. So, like KCO said, for SS books your best bet is probably CCS as part of the process, so it gets pressed after the sigs. I think, after this first year is done, I may go the same route as Nihilo and just submit books through facilitators/pressers. Or just do SS, since even free tier members can do SS submissions.