• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan 1/ DD1

18 posts in this topic

PGM two books I purchased here on the boards recently. I'll be getting both graded but would like to know what others think about both. The conan I bought was advertised as a 6-7.0 and I believe it right there. Can also benefit from a press an clean as well. Really nice looking book. The DD1 is lower grade and I was thinking maybe a 1.5/1.8 

First four pics are the DD1 an last two are the conan 1

Would love to hear others thoughts on these two books I picked up.

7E93E333-1530-45B0-BC4C-01CB2F8D8002.thumb.jpeg.3dbcddeabba4c5c3f527d5d3ffa99fa0.jpeg

27A288EE-B755-4C3D-9FC9-5C2AC1BF0CD6.thumb.jpeg.1fa359edcc45977f524386dd31c0c3de.jpeg

95AF129E-CB78-4615-9450-81A7CF5D3C94.thumb.jpeg.e9c3ab7fd16d5979a33c3d72d331a277.jpeg

664AB585-FA17-4546-AA86-871E1AF18970.thumb.jpeg.88eb57bfdf1f0dbbc0a1f8442fc29bb4.jpeg

54940688-9A7B-4173-BA34-895856D55AA1.jpeg.509432f09b39595c5771b525167d2b99.jpeg

3C47D21E-AE29-46E4-9052-B7FEAADA708E.thumb.jpeg.5e35c564bd6075aff26e1fa80ab3db51.jpeg

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

I don't think you will get a 1.5 on the Daredevil, and the Conan is borderline fine minus right now but  press will do wonders.

So you think it will be a 1.0? I've seen worse get a 1.8

53 minutes ago, MPH1964 said:

:taptaptap: NG - One book per post, please.  Queue the etiquette S.W.A.T. team...

Sorry, didnt see that rule. Either way could this have been done via pm?

21 minutes ago, Mmanick said:

Sorry, didnt see that rule.

No worries, many don't read the board etiquette sticky.

22 minutes ago, Mmanick said:

Either way could this have been done via pm?

Yes, of course.  However, here's the rub: with a pm only you will know that posting more than one book disturbs the cosmic order.  Others that may be new to the board, and who might not have read the rules, may read this very post and assume it's ok to include more than one book per post.  So this post is nothing more than a helpful hint for the masses.  If it came off as heavy handed, well, I assure you it was not intended that way.  And if I may add one more thing... I spent some time on these boards reading posts long before I posted my first grading request.  I, like many others, had not read the sticky.  I did, however, read quite a few multiple book posts and the subsequent responses that (thankfully) pointed out the rules and the sticky.  Being thusly directed, I read the sticky and became acquainted with the forum rules prior to my first post.  

Finally, the board loves #1's, and the two books you presented will generate plenty of comments.  I totally dig the Conan.  Each book provides unique grading opportunities and the two key books you have presented here should each be given their own spotlight moment...

18 hours ago, MPH1964 said:

No worries, many don't read the board etiquette sticky.

Yes, of course.  However, here's the rub: with a pm only you will know that posting more than one book disturbs the cosmic order.  Others that may be new to the board, and who might not have read the rules, may read this very post and assume it's ok to include more than one book per post.  So this post is nothing more than a helpful hint for the masses.  If it came off as heavy handed, well, I assure you it was not intended that way.  And if I may add one more thing... I spent some time on these boards reading posts long before I posted my first grading request.  I, like many others, had not read the sticky.  I did, however, read quite a few multiple book posts and the subsequent responses that (thankfully) pointed out the rules and the sticky.  Being thusly directed, I read the sticky and became acquainted with the forum rules prior to my first post.  

Finally, the board loves #1's, and the two books you presented will generate plenty of comments.  I totally dig the Conan.  Each book provides unique grading opportunities and the two key books you have presented here should each be given their own spotlight moment...

Thanks, I also didnt take the forum rule comment as heavy handed. I've been a board member for quite a while. just been off the boards for some time. I was looking at the situation as not trying to flood the forum with my pgm posts, so I decided to add the two books in one thread. thanks for the heads up on the rule. 

Edited by Mmanick