• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Trek Series: Ranked...Let the debate begin...and Star Wars is better?
2 2

38 posts in this topic

I think Star Trek appeals more to the hard science oriented person (myself incl.), whereas, Star Wars appeals to the younger fantasy nerds. List looks ok, but I never really got the adulation over Deep Space Nine. Couldn't get into it much at all, except for the original Star Trek crossover episode.

I only watched 4 of the series listed (original, next gen, DS9 & Voyager).   Personally I would rank next gen #2 behind the original.  Not sure how DS9 ranked higher, unless it's due to the social and political messages.  I thought the stories and and characters in next gen were far superior.

1 hour ago, vheflin said:

Still remember the day in the school cafeteria when my buddy told me that Lt. Yar had been bumped off.lol:cry:

LOL.....She was actually my least favorite character.  Rumor back then was she got canned because she appeared in an issue of playboy years before.  That turned out not to be the reason.  If I recall she left on her own.  But I do have that issue of Playboy (March 1979).  She is Bing Crosby's granddaughter, that's the only reason she got the Playboy gig.

1 hour ago, vheflin said:

Still remember the day in the school cafeteria when my buddy told me that Lt. Yar had been bumped off.lol:cry:

Memorable moments in US history

Independence day

The day Kennedy died

The Space Shuttle Columbia

OJ Simpson The Chase

9/11

The day Lt. Yar got bumped off the show

I think what helps DS9 so much is that its centrally located to the goings on of the station, and the stories from week to week tended to flow better because of it (rather than be largely disjoined weekly entries like TNG).  And the way bit characters became more important as the seasons went on (Garak, Nog, Rom, etc.) was pretty cool.  However, the series finale was dreadful imho.   

I always thought it was known the majority agree that The Original Series edges out all the others and Wrath of Khan was the best film by a mile. 
As for the nerd debate against Star Wars, I don’t care. I enjoy both franchises equally. 

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Any and all Stark Trek is better than The Last Jedi.

That being said, Star Wars is way better.

image.png.2ab4a2330431939c8091849be93fa0f2.png

Your butthurt over Last Jedi is borderline pathetic or you are simply trolling.   

Just now, Angel of Death said:

Nah, TLJ is simply one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Pathetic how you need to tell everyone then at any opportunity.  You should sit on a couch and discuss it or perhaps go to the doctor to see if there is a cream for that. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Pathetic how you need to tell everyone then at any opportunity.  You should sit on a couch and discuss it or perhaps go to the doctor to see if there is a cream for that. 

Hey, this thread is about Star Trek and Star Wars. It wasn't some random thought.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, mattn792 said:

I think what helps DS9 so much is that its centrally located to the goings on of the station, and the stories from week to week tended to flow better because of it (rather than be largely disjoined weekly entries like TNG).  And the way bit characters became more important as the seasons went on (Garak, Nog, Rom, etc.) was pretty cool.  However, the series finale was dreadful imho.   

I agree with you. I loved DS9 and especially loved how the story seemed to continuously flow as 1 long story, much like Alias did.