• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HI'' cgc graded a comic book of mine and it came back, as a 3.5 batman 567 restored grade if i was to get full pressed, can it change grade from a restoration to universal grade?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Why don't you just buy this for $69.   By time you pay for a press and a re-slab, and still a lesser grade, this would make more 'cents'

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-567-CGC-8-5-1st-Appearance-of-Cassandra-Cain-Batgirl-Birds-of-Prey-DC/133497037053?epid=85462752&hash=item1f150b20fd:g:Fd4AAOSwAx1fPB51

Chalk this up as an expensive lesson, but submitting that book once was 100% the wrong thing to do.  Don't compound it by paying for restoration removal and then for additional grading (not to mention shipping).  If you want that book slabbed, go buy that 8.5 copy or a 9.8 on eBay.  If an 8.5 is $69, then the copy you have is worth less than the cost of grading.

When determining what books to send for grading, be sure it's a book valuable enough to be worth it.  At minimum, the resale value should cover the value of the book and the full cost of grading (shipping to/from, grading, pressing, insurance, form fee, etc).  My rule of thumb, book value of $200+ before I send it in.

20 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Chalk this up as an expensive lesson, but submitting that book once was 100% the wrong thing to do.  Don't compound it by paying for restoration removal and then for additional grading (not to mention shipping).  If you want that book slabbed, go buy that 8.5 copy or a 9.8 on eBay.  If an 8.5 is $69, then the copy you have is worth less than the cost of grading.

When determining what books to send for grading, be sure it's a book valuable enough to be worth it.  At minimum, the resale value should cover the value of the book and the full cost of grading (shipping to/from, grading, pressing, insurance, form fee, etc).  My rule of thumb, book value of $200+ before I send it in.

It's not even worth 69 in 8.5. Goes for less than $40 in 9.2
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-567-CGC-9-2-1st-Appearance-Batgirl-Cassandra-Cain/284185797162?hash=item422acb222a:g:j2sAAOSwyWdgKtB1

13 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Why don't you just buy this for $69.   By time you pay for a press and a re-slab, and still a lesser grade, this would make more 'cents'

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-567-CGC-8-5-1st-Appearance-of-Cassandra-Cain-Batgirl-Birds-of-Prey-DC/133497037053?epid=85462752&hash=item1f150b20fd:g:Fd4AAOSwAx1fPB51

Yeah...

I imagine that every so often a comic crosses a grader's desk and they are truly puzzled why anyone would actually pay to have such a piece of shite graded.

This has to be one of those moments

That books shows heavy wear even with tons of glare in the photos, the spine and upper left corner in particular. Now, it's certainly mysterious to some folks here as to why it was subbed; I find the resto equally baffling. Why do that with a common, low dollar book? To the OP - did you apply the color touch and glue before you sent the book in?

20 hours ago, Pontoon said:

That books shows heavy wear even with tons of glare in the photos, the spine and upper left corner in particular. Now, it's certainly mysterious to some folks here as to why it was subbed; I find the resto equally baffling. Why do that with a common, low dollar book? To the OP - did you apply the color touch and glue before you sent the book in?

:gossip: Practice...