• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which character got hot the fastest? 😤
2 2

46 posts in this topic

Just now, Coverless 9.8 said:

Punchline happened quickly, but I guess she's cooled since then.  I don't want no beef!  Live and Leto live!  :wink:

She's "hardly" a "Quint" type character-

Capt. Quint (@quint_capt) | Twitter

"Hot" in what way? Popularity? Superman probably. Action Comics #1 went on sale in April 1938 and by that time the next year Superman was a household name pretty much. The Fleischer animated shorts started being produced less than two years later and they were the most expensive to make animated films ever up until that point. I don't think any comic book character will ever match that rise to popularity so fast and almost instantly becoming a pop culture phenomenon. Only Batman and Captain Marvel come anywhere close.

16 minutes ago, catman76 said:

"Hot" in what way?

$$$ for the book.  howard the duck for example.  overnight people were selling GA books to buy HTD 1.

6 hours ago, Phicks said:

Not a single character, but the Walking Dead comic was very hot within 3-4 years of starting.

Spawn was hot right from issue #1.

Yeah I have to agree with this.

In fact one could argue that the Image 1st issue characters and teams were 'hot' before they were even released. 

2 minutes ago, Sackolantern said:

Cable. New Mutants 87. They had Larsen doing jeans commercials FFS....

Liefeld not Larsen

Edited by Buzzetta