• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big name comics and what to do with them.
2 2

21 posts in this topic

So long story short I just recently inherited a comic book collection which includes these comics and want to know what I should do. I plan on having these graded out of the entire collection and selling them but just need some advice on what to do. No ,this isn't some sick joke either. The collection really had all these and more.

1.  WHAT IF Jane foster Had Found The Hammer of Thor #10
  2. Ms. Marvel #1
  3. The Spiderwoman # 32
  4. Daredevil # 131
  5. X-Men # 94
  6. The Amazing Spiderman # 129
  7. Deathlok The Demolisher # 25
  8. X Men #101
  9. Giant-Size X-Men #1
  10. Star Wars # 1
  11. The Incredible Hulk #181
  12. The Amazing Spiderman # 136
  13. Peter Parker The Spectacular Spiderman #1 
  14. The Amazing Spiderman # 135

First off, I'm sorry for your loss. 

As for the comics, what do you intend to do with them? Are you asking for the best place to sell them ? Or asking how to store them? 

You've got a nice group of keys there. Some are a no brainer, worth the price of slabbing in pretty much any condition. Others you may want to research the condition a bit and see if it's worth the cost. 

GL

What was the question?

and be specific, everyone is different w different goals and priorities and preferences.

You have some research to do.  Plenty of Youtube videos (& threads here if you search for them) on how/if to submit to CGC since you said you plan to grade them.   Read the sticky in the 'Buddy Can You Spare a Grade' forum.  You can post pics/scans of them to get estimates of their condition.  That can help you search thru sites like goCollect, Ebay sold listings, the auction houses (you can make free accounts with Comic Connect, Comic Link, Heritage) to see what comics similarly graded sold for.  GPA Analysis similar to goCollect but they let you look at all  their sales data for free for Hulk 181 & Spiderman 129.  

You should also gently page thru them to make sure they are complete or if they have any cutouts (esp with Hulk 181)

Condolences on your loss and good luck.  These boards have a lot of great info.  The more you interact the more responses you may get.

PS you may also want to talk with a financial professional about tax implications of inheriting highly valued collectibles and selling them 

On 4/16/2021 at 11:10 PM, TheChiefed said:

So long story short I just recently inherited a comic book collection which includes these comics and want to know what I should do. I plan on having these graded out of the entire collection and selling them but just need some advice on what to do. No ,this isn't some sick joke either. The collection really had all these and more.

1.  WHAT IF Jane foster Had Found The Hammer of Thor #10
  2. Ms. Marvel #1
  3. The Spiderwoman # 32
  4. Daredevil # 131
  5. X-Men # 94
  6. The Amazing Spiderman # 129
  7. Deathlok The Demolisher # 25
  8. X Men #101
  9. Giant-Size X-Men #1
  10. Star Wars # 1
  11. The Incredible Hulk #181
  12. The Amazing Spiderman # 136
  13. Peter Parker The Spectacular Spiderman #1 
  14. The Amazing Spiderman # 135

Hi there! You need to get your titles right. 

#3 I am assuming to be Marvel Spotlight #32 which is the 1st appearance of Spider-woman. There IS a Spider-Woman #32 in the main series that, while a fun cover, is not major.

#7 I am assuming to be Astonishing Tales #25 - 1st appearance of Deathlok. Again, A Deathlok #25 from the main series is nothing special.

With these books condition is going to play a major role. You should scan and post them - THREE PER DAY ONLY PLEASE - in the Grading Forum here.

3 minutes ago, LoST Ups said:

Save your breath - this info was posted on Saturday (pulled yesterday) and the OP has never returned.

How was this "pulled yesterday" since the first post is still here from Friday?

And the info I posted is useful to anyone - understand the actual titles of the book so as not to sell a Spotlight 32 as a Spider-Woman 32. Anyone wanting to know the correct title look at the inside front cover or first page at the rectangular box (aka the "indicia"). This will give you the correct title, issue number and pub date.

3 hours ago, Goldin Auctions Jared said:

You should consign them over with us at Goldin Auctions! 

I handle our comics and we would love to have a shot at these books. 

There are other auction sites and big dealers with a  prescence on the boards. They don't generally solicit business and are active members of the community.  

Answer questions, give advice and when questions about their platforms are asked, they answer them. 

Basically, you gotta build some credibility. Be an active member who is here for the love of comics and you'll create trust. 

Asking for business out of the gate will make folks weary of working with you. 

On 4/25/2021 at 2:32 PM, KCOComics said:

There are other auction sites and big dealers with a  prescence on the boards. They don't generally solicit business and are active members of the community.  

Answer questions, give advice and when questions about their platforms are asked, they answer them. 

Basically, you gotta build some credibility. Be an active member who is here for the love of comics and you'll create trust. 

Asking for business out of the gate will make folks weary of working with you. 

Well said.