• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How would you get AC1 safely from 1938 to today?
4 4

68 posts in this topic

You are magically transported back to 1938 for 24 hours with nothing but the clothes on your back and $1 in your pocket, for the express purpose of buying as many copies of Action Comics #1 as you can. However, you can't bring them back with you - you need to stash them someplace where they'll be safe, well preserved, and where no one else will find them from 1938 until today. How do you do it?

1 minute ago, Bludriver said:

Before you go back, research a graveyard with a tombstone of someone dying before 1938. Then in 1938, dig a hole and leave the books in a suitable container in that grave.

How would you pay for that ‘suitable container’?  And what container would be suitable that existed in 1938?hm

1 minute ago, BigD702 said:

Find my young grandfathers, and convince them to buy a few copies for their future kids and grandchildren. 

My grandfather ended up going to prison for robbing his company's safe (true story), so the books wouldn't last past 1970 with him

I always wondered about this hypnotical. Say you could bring it back through time with you. Obviously it would only be a few days old. If you tried to get it graded would the examiner think it was a fake?

25 minutes ago, inapicklecomics said:

Safety deposit box from a bank that you know still exists at the same location in modern times.

You only have $1.

I have also thought about this many many times.  WhatI would do is go to a nearby high school and secrete it somewhere.  A building that was not remodeled.  

26 minutes ago, inapicklecomics said:

Safety deposit box from a bank that you know still exists at the same location in modern times.

You only have your clothes and one dollar (which you spent entirely on copies of AC1). How does one acquire a safety deposit box at a bank in 1938 with no money and no identification?

For the OP question, how would one get back to the present, with the clothes still on? I'd stuff my shirt with some AC1s and crawl back into the clothes-preserving two-way time-hole.

I love exploring the back-and-forth abilities and consequences of time-travel. Sounds all well and fun, until you try it. Believe me, there are glitches and nuances you can't even predict unless you've done it a few times. :bigsmile:

13 minutes ago, jcjames said:

You only have your clothes and one dollar (which you spent entirely on copies of AC1). How does one acquire a safety deposit box at a bank in 1938 with no money and no identification?

You could use as much or as little of the $1 on comics as you like, and use any remainder on facilitating your plan. That said, I don't think that 90¢ would get you a safety deposit box for 80+ years, even back then! :)

11 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

You send it to your own present address using USPS. It would arrive a few days after you come back from 1938;

Send it to Acheron!

1 hour ago, Kripsys99 said:

You are magically transported back to 1938 for 24 hours with nothing but the clothes on your back and $1 in your pocket, for the express purpose of buying as many copies of Action Comics #1 as you can. However, you can't bring them back with you - you need to stash them someplace where they'll be safe, well preserved, and where no one else will find them from 1938 until today. How do you do it?

Take my sneakers to Converse and let them reverse engineer them for $5,000.