• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Charlton character will never get hot?
3 3

166 posts in this topic

A few years ago some friends wanted to start a tumblr of re-dialogued Charltons so I actually did a few Submarine Attacks and it was a good exercise in just trying to make it seem like these weren't racist propaganda comics so I tried to establish a frustrated old-fashioned Captain dealing with his pop culture obsessed nephew and the submarine attacks are incidental and never explained. That tumblr never happened, luckily.

SubAttack Sample.jpg

2 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

A few years ago some friends wanted to start a tumblr of re-dialogued Charltons so I actually did a few Submarine Attacks and it was a good exercise in just trying to make it seem like these weren't racist propaganda comics so I tried to establish a frustrated old-fashioned Captain dealing with his pop culture obsessed nephew and the submarine attacks are incidental and never explained. That tumblr never happened, luckily.

SubAttack Sample.jpg

I love mocking comics.  Me and my buddy did a whole series of these.
http://www.championcitycomics.com/2011/10/kav-tony-break-it-down-action-comics.html

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I love mocking comics.  Me and my buddy did a whole series of these.
http://www.championcitycomics.com/2011/10/kav-tony-break-it-down-action-comics.html

Genuinely enjoyable stuff Kav- thanks for getting me hip to champion city comics. We should collaborate on a humor comic someday

1 minute ago, wisbyron said:

Genuinely enjoyable stuff Kav- thanks for getting me hip to champion city comics. We should collaborate on a humor comic someday

the kav and tonys are kinda scattered but if you google image kav and tony break it down you can locate all our hilarious scathing reviews.  Kav's DVD reviews are nothing to sneeze at either!