• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

3,014 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Lordy! That is the one I want. One of the most iconic and well known comic covers of all time. I love it so much that it is my screen saver every time I turn on my phone. 

..somebody i know has some doubles of some a listers that just could bring this home  :whistle:

:baiting:

Edited by sagii

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Lordy! That is the one I want. One of the most iconic and well known comic covers of all time. I love it so much that it is my screen saver every time I turn on my phone. 

Mine too, Fav of the books seen so far..any idea on what price it might go for?

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:
18 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Hope you are saving up your Bitcoin to snipe:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, This item is currently being reviewed by our catalogers and photographers. A written description will be available along with high resolution images soon.

Expand  

30 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Well, unlike most of you who tends to go for the long time classic favorites, I guess I always like to go for the underdogs since they seem to be much more underrated and underappreciated.  hm

As such, I have always tended to favor the PL 23 cover over the PL 17 cover and in a similar vein, the Blue Beetle 52 cover with the beautiful blend of colors over the long recognized classic cover BB54.   :luhv:   :takeit:

Then again, maybe it's simply nothing more than my senses becoming more muted and bored after seeing the PL 17  and BB 54 covers being highlighted for almost 50 long years now.  zzz  (shrug)

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

Well the 9.4 went for 120k what 2 years ago? but that looked a little better than this one as I recall.  

I know it’s a bit nitpicky and this is still an astoundingly gorgeous copy but those little beginnings of staple tears that I see bother me in a 9.6.  As i recall the 9.4 had a perfect cut too.

That said it says 9.6, and we know enough people care even if we don’t to make it matter, and at this point in time I think this copy has to get at least 150k, but probably ends up closer to 200k. 

Edited by szav

17 minutes ago, szav said:

Well the 9.4 went for 120k what 2 years ago? but that looked a little better than this one as I recall.  

I know it’s a bit nitpicky and this is still an astoundingly gorgeous copy but those little beginnings of staple tears that I see bother me in a 9.6.  As i recall the 9.4 had a perfect cut too.

That said it says 9.6, and we know enough people care even if we don’t to make it matter, and at this point in time I think this copy has to get at least 150k, but probably ends up closer to 200k. 

So I guess I’m going to have to be happy with my lowly vg copy that I paid $25. for 40 years ago...:devil:

For that 150k, I’d rather have a nice hot rod and a couple vintage bikes instead...

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, unlike most of you who tends to go for the long time classic favorites, I guess I always like to go for the underdogs since they seem to be much more underrated and underappreciated.  hm

As such, I have always tended to favor the PL 23 cover over the PL 17 cover and in a similar vein, the Blue Beetle 52 cover with the beautiful blend of colors over the long recognized classic cover BB54.   :luhv:   :takeit:

Then again, maybe it's simply nothing more than my senses becoming more muted and bored after seeing the PL 17  and BB 54 covers being highlighted for almost 50 long years now.  zzz  (shrug)

I’m with you on the BB 52 over the 54. But I can’t think of much of anything that tops PL 17 in that genre. I never get tired of looking into Sandra’s eyes...

5 minutes ago, szav said:

Even through the slab when I hold her up close to my ear I can hear her whisper seductively  “save me Scott”...

Since we are all adults here, the Mods would hopefully not banish you to the CGC sin bin if you finish Sandra's line here:  :blush:

......................."and I'll be yours :luhv:, allll night longgg!!!"  :takeit:  lol

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Agreed, Bob.  It's just so f'ing cool.  It's beyond cool.  When I was a freshman and first saw it in SotI in my high school library.I went nuts.  I've owned 2 or 3 over the years, but this is just too much.

15 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

:popcorn: Whenever it is revealed, make sure you pop an extra large pot of the corn before reading.

I can't wait for the reveal as I'm confident that the story will be one for the ages.th?id=OIP.GFc9Oep178BwQLzoSEJqMQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of the undercopies once the big dawgs decide what they're going after in the auction....th?id=OIP.sPcjOs72Okwnm-oH4sTBwgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300