• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

3,014 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, adamstrange said:

"Armand" written on the cover

Totally irrelevant but Armand was the first name of Richelieu - Armand Jean du Plessis de Richelieu, a.k.a. Cardinal de Richelieu.

There were 2,867 enlisted Armand between 1938 and 1946. A lot more than I'd thought there'd be. Linky

Edited by Scrooge

10 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

One observation:  The most valuable comic in the June auction is not going to be from this pedigree from what I can see.

Really?  What do you think is the most valuable comic?  At the moment, my money would be on one of the Promise Phantom Ladys.

17 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Really?  What do you think is the most valuable comic?  At the moment, my money would be on one of the Promise Phantom Ladys.

:gossip: :whistle:

action 1 

tec 27

will be in the auction

Edited by Funnybooks

13 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I think the AA 61 will be pretty high.  That book is silly hot.  The Startling 49 could do well also, but probably less than the PL 17.  

23 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

These ultra grade timely's are once is a lifetime, the SA books, which might cost more to replace..CAN BE REPLACED...certain books in this collection cannot unless you own a time machine..you are trading up from SA to GA to obtain non-replaceable material...it is a no brainer..this collections is a game changer on so many levels...

We'll see.

*Many* of the Billy Wrights sold for less the second (and third) times they were offered.

Granted, no guarantee which books from this collection will re-sell over the next three years vs. disappear for 10-20 years, but the longer I've been in this hobby, the more I've realized "a lifetime" actually equates to "10 years."

1 minute ago, tth2 said:

It's unbelievable that this 9.6 copy is now 1 of 5 9.6 copies! 

Yeah, that's pretty wild.  But those Xela airbrush books seem to be out there in grade, and seem to be present in every HG collection.  I think that will keep the price down, many people who want one in HG already have one.  

36 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Totally irrelevant but Armand was the first name of Richelieu - Armand Jean du Plessis de Richelieu, a.k.a. Cardinal de Richelieu.

There were 2,867 enlisted Armand between 1938 and 1946. A lot more than I'd thought there'd be. Linky

Check the Korean War.

3 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Check the Korean War.

If you say so. And I say this since I do not know the back story nor have a vested interest and will stop since this is now morbid but Korean War casualties for Armand - Linky

The tec 140 should do crazy well. What's amazing is the AA61 isn't the highest graded copy.

I think the PL 17 and 23 bidding wars will be brutal. 

A Timely or two might also blow a few minds and crack 100K.

Hmm nobody talk about those Speed comics yet?:whistle:

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

:gossip: :whistle:

action 1 

tec 27

will be in the auction

Action 1 has already been posted. How do you know about the Tec 27 ? Is there a preview page besides this one ?

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+792+4294943306&ic=Items-OpenAuctions-ComingSoon-BrowseViewLots-071713

Edited by Gotham Kid

28 minutes ago, Rip said:

The tec 140 should do crazy well. What's amazing is the AA61 isn't the highest graded copy.

I think the PL 17 and 23 bidding wars will be brutal. 

A Timely or two might also blow a few minds and crack 100K.

Hmm nobody talk about those Speed comics yet?:whistle:

The Cap 46 will bring $125k - $150k

the Cap 74 and All Select 1 might break $100k

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

4 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Action 1 CGC 5.5 (conserved) - the conservation is ""Conservation includes: cover cleaned, cover reinforced, staples replaced."  I think it presents nicely.  The only bothersome things are (1) it looks like some rust might have been scraped off from around the staple area which caused paper loss in that area and (2) the cover cleaning method is not specified (might have stripped the gloss).  Cover reinforcement (if reversible as is very likely the case) and staple replacement are non-factors.  It's probably a $500K+ comic, and I'm not seeing anything in the Promise Collection of that magnitude yet.  What's the record for a conserved copy?

7 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Action 1 has already been posted. How do you know about the Tec 27 ? Is there a preview page besides this one ?

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+792+4294943306&ic=Items-OpenAuctions-ComingSoon-BrowseViewLots-071713

Did not realize the Action 1 had been posted 

the Tec 27 info from a little bird