• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

3,014 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, but are they still seeing these as writing defects like how they used to and hence take the grade way way down accordingly.  :censored:  :screwy:  

No please, hammer the grade!! Obsessive grade conscience collectors won't bid as much!

56 minutes ago, lonallen said:

suspense.jpg

I believe we just might be looking at the pending newest highest graded copy of this classic L.B. Cole spider cover after all these long years.  :luhv:

Even with those corner spine dings, it should be able to beat the current trio of highest graded copies at CGC 7.5 to beomes the new single highest graded copy.  (thumbsu

That is, until the Church copy gets graded and comes into the marketplace because if memory serves, that copy there was pretty much flawless from what I remember seeing in the library at the Diamond Int'l Galleries grand opening way back in '95.   :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

30 minutes ago, lonallen said:

superman.jpg

Hey Lon;

I am willing to sacrifice myself and take the bullet here because you certainly wouldn't want to denigrate and drive down the value for the rest of this beautiful collection here with this miswrapped off-center book and that fugly huge huge white line running down the spine.  Since I certainly wouldn't weant you guys losing any money on this book though, I am willing to pay you full cover price for it plus the cost of postage to ship it to me.  lol  :takeit:

You best PM me right away before I change my mind because I don't think you are going to be able to get a better deal than this for this fugly looking book here.  :bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I really like the pencil markings. Just the kind of thing that often establishes the original owner status of these books. 

I get the "tease" but when are you just going to announce the collection and give the back story?

this is a amazing collection, the issue is how many books over what amount of auctions?????????

Edited by Mmehdy

23 minutes ago, lonallen said:

Most of that while line on the Superman is a backboard it's sitting on...

bomber.jpg

Thanks for sharing these early pics!

P.S. Tell your cinematographer to keep all of the comic in the picture. :kidaround:

58 minutes ago, lonallen said:

Most of that while line on the Superman is a backboard it's sitting on...

Oh, snap...........you party pooper, you!!!  (tsk)

Why go and spoil all the fun and hilarity here with boring facts and truths.  :bigsmile:

I thought I was looking once again at all of those Special Marvel Edition 15's with the first Shang-Chi which I kept passing on for a dollar a pop back in the day because they were perfect except for that notorious wide white stripe running down the spine.  And yet you guys are now selling them for almost $15K a shot, as evident from your Sunday Auction last night.  :whatthe:  :applause:

15 minutes ago, lonallen said:

spirit.jpg

I know I'm going to get run out of town on a rail by the 'free them from their slab' crowd, but I don't take it personally :foryou:

Can't wait to see these in their gold labeled slabs with grades and Ped name designation