• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM very low grade ASM #1
3 3

22 posts in this topic

.5 - Not sure if it would make 1.0. Someone more experienced with older comics and conditions like this would know for sure. @Galen130 @Funnybooks 

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

55 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Book is complete and both covers attached so imo, that keeps the book out of poor .5 range. Fair range for me

Yeah, 1.0 is possible.

It's def missing more than a remainder copy. Plus, remainder copies are missing the title. This is missing a lot of the key artwork. I guess it is a toss up what one prefers more...the classic logo or the image. Either way, it will either be a 0.5 (expect this) or a 1.0 (hope for this). 

CGC 0.5 PR.

A typical remaindered copy has about ⅓ of the front cover missing and a complete back cover (and the missing portion is the relatively uninteresting title block, not the eye-catching image area).  Any grade better than a 0.5 PR would, in my opinion, be a completely undeserved and unjustifiable gift.

Has CGC ever awarded a grade of 1.0 FR to a remaindered copy?  Yes.  Should they have?  Absolutely not.  Flaws like a stripped logo, a missing page, or a fully-detached cover should be treated as absolute benchmarks, not subject to different interpretations by different graders.  If you can't remember that a book with a missing page is 0.5 PR (as a result of being incomplete), or that a book with a fully-detached cover should grade no higher than 4.0 VG, you should not be a third-party grader.  :preach:

5x1.thumb.jpg.9ec41b6ad3914a415f25ccc4b7acc4f0.jpg5x2.jpg.dd9db7d4ee6037d9245a4c626d600003.jpg5x3.jpg.c564b63b28dd5821a1580c81be49cb3d.jpg5x4.thumb.jpg.67aafca0a307108107cfd8ef33c8aaa4.jpg