• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! The GA DC boxes need a little purging...
5 5

65 posts in this topic

Well, it appears the GA DC collection boxes are a little full. That and the fact that not much cool stuff being posted for us readers lately. In the next couple of evenings, I will be putting up a small stack to make a little more room. No big, high grade keys but a lot of cool affordable collector and reader fodder.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $7.50 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. Things other than comics and larger orders will be calculated for the most economical way. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I will accept PayPal, checks and money orders.   

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Action Comics #121 June 1948 DC Pubs

Cool bright yellow cover from the “Paul” collection!

Has a spine roll as shown. Easily pressed out if desired. A small chip out of right edge of cover. Staples are neatly popped and cover detached. A few tiny edge tears. Interior pages are very nice but have some old dog ears in upper corner. Sold copy with decent eye appeal.

Was. $150.

Now: $130.

action121a.jpg

action121b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, let's roll...

SOLD!

Wonder Woman #56 Nov-Dec 1952 DC Pubs.

Great “Hot Rod” cover and story. From that “tough period” for DCs

Has a slight spine roll. Covers are lightly tanned around edges but still very supple and can be handled easily. Bottom staple neatly pulled. No pieces missing, chips, tears or creases. Interior pages are cream but very supple.

$125.

wonderwoman56a.jpg

wonderwoman56b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Superboy #9 July-Aug 1950 DC Pubs

Big, fat 52 page issue! Tough to find these single digit ones.

This copy has a married centerfold. There is also a very tiny color touch spot at top of cover. There are numerous small edge tears. Book is well attached to covers. Interior pages are slightly yellowed and very supple.

Was $70.

Now $50.

superboy9a2.jpg

superboy9b2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Strange Adventures #5 Feb 1951 DC Pubs

Cool, early issue and one I rarely see.

Has a chunk missing from cover in lower right corner. Two very small ones at top and bottom of spine. Back cover also has a corner piece missing. Has a small piece of tape on both staples. Book is neatly detached from covers. Centerfold tightly attached. Complete and solid otherwise with nice supple pages.

$30.

strangeadventures1.jpg

strangeadventures2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Sensation #69 Sept 1947 DC Pubs

Second Sexy Huntress appearance

Spine is rolled. Large corner creases right side top and bottom. Lots of minor edge wear. Very small coupon out last page. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Slightly yellowed but fresh interior pages.

$100.

sensation69a.jpg

sensation69b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Adventure #196 Jan 1954 DC Pubs

Again, from that tough period for DC. Great read with excellent contents. Superboy, Aquaman, Johnny Quick and Green Arrow and Speedy.

I believe there is an ad page missing. It has 42 pages (including covers). All stories are, however complete. Has light waterstaining on covers only. Back shows the worst. Solid copy with book and centerfold bound snug to covers and nice spine. Clean, off white interior pages.

$40.

adventure196a.jpg

adventure196b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Superman #27 March-April 1944 DC Pubs

Fat WWII issue. Has Toyman story

Large piece off at top. Just the title. (newsstand return?).  Has a little, light pencil writing on cover. A couple minor tears. Complete with nice pages.

$100.

superman27a.jpg

superman27b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #138 Nov 1949 DC Pubs

Cool Lois Lane cover

This book has some light water rippling. No stains or oder but just that light “water feel” to it. Staples are not rusty. Top one is neatly popped but hanging on at bottom one. Small, light pencil name on cover. No pieces missing and just average general wear. Nice off white interior pages with no staining. Presents well.

$90.

action138a.jpg

action138b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

All Flash #11 July-Aug 1943

Big, fat wartime issue with nice color. 60 pages (including covers). Great house ads and even an offer to join the Justice Society of America!

Again, light water damage. Back cover shows some light stains. Cover is complete and bright but has numerous small edge tears and a bit abraded at bottom. Has a little, minor interior tape here and there. No pieces missing or cut outs. Supple interior paper. “Well loved” as my wife likes to say but a solid copy.

$125.

allflash11a.jpg

allflash11b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Big, fat wartime issue with nice color. 60 pages (including covers). Great house ads and even an offer to join the Justice Society of America!

Again, light water damage. Back cover shows some light stains. Cover is complete and bright but has numerous small edge tears and a bit abraded at bottom. Has a little, minor interior tape here and there. No pieces missing or cut outs. Supple interior paper. “Well loved” as my wife likes to say but a solid copy.

$125.

allflash11a.jpg

allflash11b.jpg

I'll take this assuming cover is attached

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Spine is rolled. Large corner creases right side top and bottom. Lots of minor edge wear. Very small coupon out last page. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Slightly yellowed but fresh interior pages.

$100.

sensation69a.jpg

sensation69b.jpg

I'll take it.

30 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

$100.

sensation69a.jpg

sensation69b.jpg

Take 

35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

OK, let's roll...

Wonder Woman #56 Nov-Dec 1952 DC Pubs.

Great “Hot Rod” cover and story. From that “tough period” for DCs

Has a slight spine roll. Covers are lightly tanned around edges but still very supple and can be handled easily. Bottom staple neatly pulled. No pieces missing, chips, tears or creases. Interior pages are cream but very supple.

$125.

wonderwoman56a.jpg

wonderwoman56b.jpg

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Adventure #196 Jan 1954 DC Pubs

Again, from that tough period for DC. Great read with excellent contents. Superboy, Aquaman, Johnny Quick and Green Arrow and Speedy.

I believe there is an ad page missing. It has 42 pages (including covers). All stories are, however complete. Has light waterstaining on covers only. Back shows the worst. Solid copy with book and centerfold bound snug to covers and nice spine. Clean, off white interior pages.

$40.

adventure196a.jpg

adventure196b.jpg

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

$125.

allflash11a.jpg

allflash11b.jpg

Take