• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! The GA DC boxes need a little purging...
5 5

65 posts in this topic

Superboy #9 (copy 2) July-Aug 1950 DC Pubs

Tough, early issue

Much better than the previous married copy I posted. Has light tanning inside of cover perimeter. Very supple and no brittleness. Back cover has a couple light sunshadows. Very tiny chip out of bottom right corner. Bright copy with no missing pieces, tears or creases. Tightly bound copy with supple interior pages.   A copy recently sold on ebay in vg-fine for $550.

Was $250.

Now $225.

superboy9a1.jpg

superboy9b1.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

22 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Boy Commandos #24 Nov-Dec 1947 DC Pubs

Classic Simon and Kirby Superman parody cover. The first I believe.

A clean, bright complete copy with full cover and no pieces missing. Some minor edge wear with a few tiny chips out, tears and creases. Very minor staple tears. Book and centerfold well attached to cover. Nice pages.

$75.

boycommandos1.jpg

boycommandos2.jpg

:takeit: love it!  Need this one :-)

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Action #178 March 1953 DC Pubs

Pretty, black cover. Has a couple very tiny chips out of right side at bottom. Small neat tear at top of cover. Just very light wear. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Pages are very lightly tanning but supple and clean.

$165.

action178a.jpg

action178b.jpg

:takeit:

On 4/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, Robot Man said:

Action #138 Nov 1949 DC Pubs

Cool Lois Lane cover

This book has some light water rippling. No stains or oder but just that light “water feel” to it. Staples are not rusty. Top one is neatly popped but hanging on at bottom one. Small, light pencil name on cover. No pieces missing and just average general wear. Nice off white interior pages with no staining. Presents well.

$90.

action138a.jpg

action138b.jpg

Take per pm. 

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Sensation #51 March 1946 DC Pubs

Classic Action #1 homage

Clean, flat, complete cover less copy. The first page splash mimics the cover. A one sided color copy is included. Rusty staples and tiny piece out of top of last page. Excellent, fresh interior paper. High demand issue

$45.

sensation51a.jpg

sensation51b.jpg

sensation51c.jpg

I'll take this if still available

Well, who thought I'd have to compete with a Batman #1 and Flash #2 and a hairlip shark L.B. Cole cover to post a sales thread?  :roflmao:

As, I said, these DC's are more for the down to earth reader crowd anyway. 

Only got a few more today. There were a couple more but I was too on the fence to sell them for mere dead presidents...

Action Comics #140 Jan 1950 DC Pub

Love these big 52 page issues! Nice Vigilante story by Toth? Wayne Boring art on Superman. 

Small piece off bottom right corner. Spine is a bit rolled. I suspect it was bound that way. Right side of cover is a little ragged (like a pulp overhang). Probably poorly trimmed when bound. There is a long top to bottom spine crease. Bottom staple is neatly pulled but top is hanging on. Lots of general wear but a solid copy with nice interior pages.

Was $100.

Now $90.

action140a.jpg

action140b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

World’s Finest #52 June-July 1951 DC Pubs

Bright, intense color on this fun cover. Scarce 76 page issue. Just a lot of fun to page through and read again.  Why these don’t get more love is way beyond me…

Has a neat 2” upper spine split. Tiny corners off top of spine and both right side corners. Back cover has a very small piece off top left corner. Light tanning inside covers but supple and not brittle. Cream interior pages are very flexible and no damage.  

Was $150.

worldsfinest52a.jpg

worldsfinest52b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Wonder Woman #62 Nov-Dec 1953 DC Pubs

Origin of her Secret Identity and Secret Earrings. Real tough period for DC. 

A real nice copy. One of the best shape books in this thread. Has a slightly rolled spine (as printed and bound). Has a light discoloration spot at top, middle of cover. And a small spot just below the middle WW’s foot. Tight copy with smooth spine. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Interior pages are slightly yellowed but no damage and supple. If I have to put it back, it won’t break my heart…

Was $300.

Now $275.

wonderwoman62a.jpg

wonderwoman62b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man