• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insurance

9 posts in this topic

A lot of  people insure, depends on each person.

if you’re considering it, you should describe your situation and people here can give you some targeted advice.

I do.  

When you start moving expensive books all over the country. Selling, buying, have conservation done, CGC, pressing... The cost of shipping insurance adds up quick.

Private insurance covers shipping (with signature confirmation). The savings on shipping insurance pays the private insurance premium. 

Edited by KCOComics

19 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I do.  

When you start moving expensive books all over the country. Selling, buying, have conservation done, CGC, pressing... The cost of shipping insurance adds up quick.

Private insurance covers shipping (with signature confirmation). The savings on shipping insurance pays the private insurance premium. 

1 hour ago, Math Teacher said:

^ ^ ^ What he said. ^ ^ ^

Yup.

I didn't even think about the savings on shipping insurance involved. Very interested, can any of you provide the insurance company you use? I did ask my home insurance provider awhile ago and never followed up on it. 

7 hours ago, rexinnih said:

I didn't even think about the savings on shipping insurance involved. Very interested, can any of you provide the insurance company you use? I did ask my home insurance provider awhile ago and never followed up on it. 

I use CIS (Collectible insurance services).  

Now, I've never filed a claim with them so I can't speak to how they pay claims or anything like that. All I can say is,  the agent I work with is extremely responsive any time I have questions. If you are interested,  PM me and I'll give you his contact info. 

https://collectinsure.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd9vIXysKAobOPvoHBAqO4lVCjA3pFJqXWagzj3ULvva0CW_9OJEjORoCF5MQAvD_BwE

8 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I use CIS (Collectible insurance services).  

Now, I've never filed a claim with them so I can't speak to how they pay claims or anything like that. All I can say is,  the agent I work with is extremely responsive any time I have questions. If you are interested,  PM me and I'll give you his contact info. 

https://collectinsure.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwmv-DBhAMEiwA7xYrd9vIXysKAobOPvoHBAqO4lVCjA3pFJqXWagzj3ULvva0CW_9OJEjORoCF5MQAvD_BwE

Thanks - just sent PM.