• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

***Closed*** Batman #1 Cgc 1.0 Universal Copy 1940 - 1st Appearance Of The Joker & Catwoman
1 1

39 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

The price is fair and for the grade assigned the book looks good! Congrats on having some big balls bro, putting this up on the boards is very cool! In todays market god only knows where it might land at Heritage, (I suspect for more, however with there cut I don't know what you would end up with?). I hope it lands with a member as I know it's a grail for many of us.

Yeah it's not an easy book to let go of that's for sure! I made the mistake of not buying an Action #1 Cgc 2.0 universal copy in 2007 for 85k. I hope I don't regret selling this book as much as I have regretted not buying the Action #1! However knowing that a board member potentially may be the new owner of this book does ease those thoughts that come along with putting this book up for sale.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:16 PM, cbcnow said:

Yeah it's not an easy book to let go of that's for sure! I made the mistake of not buying an Action #1 Cgc 2.0 universal copy in 2007 for 85k. I hope I don't regret selling this book as much as I have regretted not buying the Action #1! However knowing that a board member potentially may be the new owner of this book does ease those thoughts that come along with putting this book up for sale.

Ask yourself if you can replace this book. This is a book I wouldn't sell unless I needed money very very badly. Like liver transplant bad.

9 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Ask yourself if you can replace this book. This is a book I wouldn't sell unless I needed money very very badly. Like liver transplant bad.

Maybe this slab can be put in place of the liver...hmmmm. hm

Shut Up Liver.jpeg

On 4/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, Hudson said:

What a great book!

:golfclap:

Being a "math guy", I wondered what kind of a "return on investment" that would be.   Some child's parents probably gave him a dime, back in 1940, and told him he should not waste his money on comic books.  The child buys the book and now it has a FMV of $83K.  How many other investments return an average of over 18.3% for 81 years? 

(thumbsu

Good luck selling this awesome piece of comic history.

Thank you I appreciate that! (thumbsu

Another way to look at it is,

The child buys the book at a dime, the value goes up to 83k that is a 82,999,900% increase!

Almost hard to believe!

10 minutes ago, cbcnow said:

I`d like to thank everyone again for all of the great and funny comments but after going back and forth with myself regarding me selling this comic I have finally decided to hold onto the Batman #1 for now. Thanks again to everyone! (thumbsu

Good call!!!

57BE8D24-09BF-48DD-BCA9-B329DE7B84E1.jpeg

2 hours ago, cbcnow said:

I`d like to thank everyone again for all of the great and funny comments but after going back and forth with myself regarding me selling this comic I have finally decided to hold onto the Batman #1 for now. Thanks again to everyone! (thumbsu

Are you sure? Because I was just digging out my ASM300 for a proposed trade! 

Obviously you would need to throw in some cash, but I'm a motivated trader.

4 hours ago, cbcnow said:

We can still have visitation rights.......correct?