• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum Member Art Showcase: Red Sonja or Show Me Your Red Sonja!
2 2

31 posts in this topic

I've been on a Red Sonja kick lately, comic book-wise, and just recently ordered her 1st appearance (Conan 23), her first cover appearance and main story (Conan 24), her origin (Kull and the Barbarians 3), her first story in a chainmail bikini (Savage Sword of Conan 1), and a handful of other books that I wanted to own and read. As far as art goes, right now I only have 1 piece with her, a prelim for a cover to a commemorative issue done recently by Greg Hildebrandt. I'll attach it and the published comic image to this post. But I'd like to see other members' Sonja art, if you'll share.

Regarding my prelim, I got it on ebay from the source last summer. Greg's gallery was selling prelims and the final pencil art for the cover on ebay that he normally would've taken to conventions. But since COVID cancelled the conventions, they were available at auction instead. I just picked one that I liked and was affordable. He ended up switching her stance to favor the other side, and of course there are other characters and details on the final cover. It's an homage to the Star Wars movie poster painting he and his brother did many years prior (I'll include it, too). The comic itself is a reprint of Marvel's Red Sonja # 1.

red sonja commemorative cover prelim.jpg

cover.jpg

starwars.jpg