• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sacramento comic shops/boardies
1 1

49 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bronze_rules said:

Didn't your nephew just join the boards? I bet he would like some!

No i have no nephews.

I'm hoping I can find someone local to leave all my stuff to-currently they are going to LCS 'friend' who doesnt even really like me and treats me like dirt.

1 minute ago, kav said:

yeah but he's too far away.  Unless he's willing to drive?  @oakman29

Are we talking about picking it up tomorrow? I hope you live a long time my friend :tink:

But yes give it to someone who cares enough to treat you well  ;)

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are we talking about picking it up tomorrow? I hope you live a long time my friend :tink:

But yes give it to someone who cares enough to treat you well  ;)

I'm just looking to be cautious.  Having family members die with no will or instructions resulted in disaster.  Since ihave no family I can see all my comics and OA hauled to the dump or sold to LCS for pennies because LCS owner spots a rube, car towed and sold at state auction etc.

Edited by kav

Just now, thehumantorch said:

Have you considered moving to Canada before you pass?  :baiting:

hm 

Just now, kav said:

I'm just looking to be cautious.  Having family members die with no will or instructions resulted in disaster.

Yes my family got it in working order too, no harm in that, prayers that the right person is available and a healthy life until that time :foryou:

I'm not too familiar as those who are related to me did the will thing, my dad hasn't had anything set in stone, but I'm his only son so Lord willing its held together by blood I hope

Just now, thehumantorch said:

Seriously, do you have a will?  

Yes.  Currently everything goes to my LCS 'freind', who as I said doesnt even like me.  I have no one else.  I'd like to rectify that.

Dont have AF15 or anything but have many books worth hundreds including 3 copies of FF annual 6, Thor 103, 134, 165, and in fact almost all kirby thors after 110 with many duplicates, books like black panther 1 new gods 1 FF 19 and many many more.  plus the OA.

Just now, kav said:

Yes.  Currently everything goes to my LCS 'freind', who as I said doesnt even like me.  I have no one else.  I'd like to rectify that.

That's a shame Kav.  Clearly you know the LCS friend is not a friend and you know you need to make a change.  Is your LCS friend also executor?

I don't know much about your personal situation but I think it's important that you find someone who will care about you and will have your back.  Is there an opportunity to join or start a local comics group to develop relationships with local collectors?  We do something like that, going out for pizza and beer and looking at comics and then I have a couple other local comic guys I meet for coffee once in a while.

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

That's a shame Kav.  Clearly you know the LCS friend is not a friend and you know you need to make a change.  Is your LCS friend also executor?

I don't know much about your personal situation but I think it's important that you find someone who will care about you and will have your back.  Is there an opportunity to join or start a local comics group to develop relationships with local collectors?  We do something like that, going out for pizza and beer and looking at comics and then I have a couple other local comic guys I meet for coffee once in a while.

I clearly need to do something.  He is named as executor.