• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, CGC is raising prices for their services, and...
14 14

553 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

So Premium Membership is essentially going to be worthless, right? If you are a low volume submitter then you pay the $25 for the Associate membership. High volume submitters go with the Elite membership. I've been a Premium member for years because the 10% discount on submissions plus the $150 credit made it worthwhile. Now that the 10% discount is going away that membership tier no longer makes as much sense.

Premium will basically be a one waiving of the $25 fee versus associate assuming you submit $150 worth of books in a year.

I've never sent in a book to be graded.But let's say I wanted to send in an Iron Man 1 that would grade out at 6.0, it would cost me $75 for that service, not counting the shipping back and forth and a membership fee?

Just now, Lady Death Footstool said:

Premium will basically be a one waiving of the $25 fee versus associate assuming you submit $150 worth of books in a year.

You also have to factor in the headache in dealing with CGC Accounting to make sure they apply the account credit to your order. I think I'd rather pay the $25 Associate membership than have to deal with that without the added benefit of submission discounts.

2 hours ago, Lord_Raiden said:

just got the email 

i'm trying to figure out why they think this is a good idea...... they are getting too much stuff sent in, so lets try and cut it down?  

it's what we always say, supply and demand. They can't ramp up the supply to meet the demand so price goes up. Glad they are doing away with the value/economy tier difference, it's best to keep it as one to move beyond the 200$ price.

also I confused screening for pre screening. Makes sense, seems they are streamlining activities. And the prescreen is a big money maker for them so I would have been surprised for it to leave.

Edited by William-James88

6 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

This is really no different than wearing/paying for designer/branded clothes IMO.  People pay a premium for clothes with a certain logo on them even if they don't function any better (Nike shoes are the worst shoes I’ve ever worn but look at the prices demanded for that swish/name!).  CGC graded books demand a premium price in the market even if the book inside is no better.  The designer (CGC) finally realized they might as well get a bigger cut for grading these books and gracing them with their logo/driving up prices with their brand.

With the crazy prices in the market right now I can’t blame them. Sure, it stinks to pay a few extra bucks but I’ll do it, and y’all will too. What’s the alternative after all??  Our demand is what allows them to do this.., we’ll complain while continuing to submit/submit. 

truth.

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know I'm talking to myself here but maybe it'll help someone

I have good news

The grace period for when the new affect of prices goes into effect is a month from April 28th

So the rep said mine is set to auto renew may 25th which should put me before the May 28th deadline and I will get the current premium benefits

I think I messed up my effect and affect, but still sounds too good to be true

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

The new services and fees apply to all CGC Online Submission Forms completed as of April 28, 2021. Submission forms completed before April 28, 2021, must be delivered to CGC’s facility by May 28, 2021, to qualify for the old pricing.

@joeypost Just wondering if you have an estimate on when my February 6th pressing would make it to CGC?  What's your backlog looking like right now?

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

"me" trying to access the CGC submission form for the last four minutes. 

I guess I will wait until the rest of you are done. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 4.49.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 4.51.07 PM.png

Not kidding(!), I had this problem awhile back.  Never knew why or how but one day it just went back to normal.  IIRC, I cleared all my cookies and history.

EDIT: nope, I have the same problem @Buzzetta.  I jumped the gun with the above response.

Edited by sagekilz