• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, CGC is raising prices for their services, and...
14 14

553 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

I didn’t know that, how do you get one?

I just made an account on this  very website, same login I use for the forums. But I looked it up and it only works for signature events which is the only time I used CGC directly.  It wouldnt work on submissions like the one you suggest. You need a paid membership for that. But I wouldnt get a membership if you are planning on sending just 1 or 2 books. There are people with dealer memberships that can send the book for you.

Haha. The comments are hilarious. They basically boil down to this:

"CGC is hosing us. The only thing that will change is how much it will cost me to get my books graded. Still long waits. Still ambiguous grading. Still damaged books. Eliminating some services. I don't like it but I'll suck it up!" lol

15 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

The only point of membership is that you  can send them your comics and cards directly by mail. 

That.  I will keep calling them instead checking my status online.

My membership is still good until April 28th.  I will send my books to CGC for the last time to use my membership benefit.

Edited by JollyComics

2 minutes ago, reptilekingdie said:

Well I might move my moderns to cbcs with this price. Might keep my higher priced moderns with CGC. They hired 70 people and still cannot get tat back to normal? Maybe they need to work 24/7 to shorten tat and catch up. 

That's a lot of overtime. They may have to increase prices. 

36 minutes ago, reptilekingdie said:

Well I might move my moderns to cbcs with this price. Might keep my higher priced moderns with CGC. They hired 70 people and still cannot get tat back to normal? Maybe they need to work 24/7 to shorten tat and catch up. 

I think it likely the "hired 70 people" is misleading. Here is the full quote below:
"As part of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®), we have initiated a massive hiring push that has resulted in over 70 new employees being added in the last three months,

So what is with the "as part of"? Did CGC hire 70 new people? Or has CCG hired 70 new people across all their seven companies? Keep in mind the sports card grading company is brand new. They had zero staff grading sports cards a year ago. 

15 minutes ago, Tony S said:

I think it likely the "hired 70 people" is misleading. Here is the full quote below:
"As part of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®), we have initiated a massive hiring push that has resulted in over 70 new employees being added in the last three months,

So what is with the "as part of"? Did CGC hire 70 new people? Or has CCG hired 70 new people across all their seven companies? Keep in mind the sports card grading company is brand new. They had zero staff grading sports cards a year ago. 

Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me that CSG and CGC were separate. Also, they started getting backlogged on TCG and went to grading sports cards. I'm sure it was planned far before the backlog, but CSG started off the same way as CGC and now raising prices as well. It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. :facepalm:

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

6 hours ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

...also reducing Membership discounts ☹️
https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9057/cgc-fee-updates/

I'm fine with them raising their prices.  Slightly overdue, to be honest.