• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-man 4 - This is a low grade RAW copy.  In the center of the spine, there is a 1/2" tear that goes through the book.  A 3/8" tear on the upper right cover by "G". Cover and all pages attached at both staples. Writing on coupon inside. It is complete with no cut-outs.  This book is around Good condition. Solid copy.   $1200

Detective Comics 46 CGC SS 1.0- This book is from the legendary PERSONAL COLLECTION OF JERRY ROBINSON.  It is from his 1st magical year with Bob Kane. Jerry is credited as having played a vital role in the first appearances of Batman characters such as THE JOKER, ROBIN, ALFRED, and THE PENGUIN.  Additionally, he created many of the iconic covers of the Golden Age of Comics. Just think of how many times he must have leafed through these very pages while pondering his next storyline...This book is a one of a kind premium investment. Price $11,500.  See partial trade offer toward the price of this book only No other books have the trade option.

Detective Comics 59 CGC 5.5 2nd appearance of THE PENGUIN- Nice hard to find grade. $1495

Funny Pages V3 #1 CGC 3.5-  Bruce Wayne Prototype 3 months before the 1st appearance of Batman in Detective Comics 27. RARE with only a handful of copies known. $4,000.

Young Men 27 CGC 4.5- Captain America story w/Death of Golden Age RED SKULL  $895

Tales of Suspense 59 CGC 7.5 - 1st Solo Cap Since the 1950's  $550

World's Finest 72 RAW @6.0-  Scarce per Overstreet. 1st Superman/Batman Adventure together after meeting.   $450

Captain America 100 RAW @4.0-  1st Solo Silver Series      $275

Ghost Rider 1 RAW @4.0-  1st Damon Hellstrom     $350

Detective Comics 373 CGC 8.5-  1st named "Mr. Freeze".  Tough black cover.          $625

Former Ebay seller with almost 1000 feedback.  See my new KUDOS thread on the CGC forum.  

RULES:

1. No HOSers/Probies, etc.

2. Sales to the US 48 lower states ONLY

3. First "I'LL TAKE IT" in thread trumps all discussions/PM's

4. Shipping to lower 48 states via USPS Priority or Registered Mail Restricted Delivery is FREE on purchases over $1000. Shipping for graded purchases under $1000 (and for all RAW books) will be $15.  You MUST make arrangements to SIGN for items over $500 due to insurance requirements.

5. NO RETURNS on CGC Graded Books. On RAW books, three days to return books. You must contact me within 3 days of receipt. Book must be received by me in the same condition. Buyer pays return shipping and insurance.

6. Payment is to be made via cashier's check or USPS money order(under $1000).  Payment must be received within 7 days of sale.

7. You must provide me with your shipping address when you send you payment.  Item will be shipped to your address exactly as it is written when provided to me to prevent confusion.

PHOTOS WILL BE LISTED WITH PRICES BELOW

Edited by JLHOLDINGS
Update

Price $11,500.  Will accept partial trade on Amazing Spiderman 1 from 1963.

Trade offer of  $9,000 for a CGC 2.0 Universal OR $8,000 for a CGC 1.8 Universal toward my TEC 46. If your ASM 1 grades less, contact me.  May also consider a  CGC good range X-Men 1.  Must be complete. Must have no restoration and nice slab. 

Edited by JLHOLDINGS
Update

2 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Dang. Where did Jerry store his books? Next to a woodstove? All the ones I have seen are brittle paged.

If I remember correctly he kept them in a drawer in his work desk. I'm assuming the humidity in his office wasn't great. 

All of the Robinson books have brittle pages that I have seen.  I never intended to remove it from the slab to play with it, so that did not bother me. A piece this important belongs in a museum quite frankly. This was the sole CGC SS book of any type in the Census for issue 46 the last time I checked.

There are four of his early Detective Comics listed on the 5th letter of the ABC's auction site for more than 3X's my asking price.  My book is a key issue with the "Death of Hugo Strange" unlike any of the others for sale.  The value in these Robinson books is justified because of what it is and who it was owned by. If you want an original Jerry Robinson Collection book(creator of the Joker and those wonderful GA covers), there is NOT a better priced or more important key book available.

The book presents very well in the protective slab and it has not changed in appearance since I have owned it.  I believe that if you want an early piece of this legendary collection, it does not get any better price or presentation wise. I am open to an ASM 1 trade to offset price for any buyer as described previously.

Thanks for looking everyone!

On 6/9/2021 at 6:21 PM, JLHOLDINGS said:

The book presents very well in the protective slab and it has not changed in appearance since I have owned it.  I believe that if you want an early piece of this legendary collection, it does not get any better price or presentation wise. I am open to an ASM 1 trade to offset price for any buyer as described previously.

Thanks for looking everyone!

Totally agree, that's a beautiful presenting copy for the grade! 

Its a shame that it has brittle pages, but I kind of love that Jerry wasn't thinking if these as a collectible. They were a memoir of his work and creations. Really cool piece of comic history!

Just think about it. This book is from Jerry's 1st year with Bob Kane.  If Jerry kept his books in his work desk, this book must have been just sitting there under the table top when the Penguin and Alfred were created.  It sat there when he created those fantastic Golden Age Joker covers.  If this book could talk...the stories it could tell.