• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to grade?

9 posts in this topic

I have a group of ASM issues that I am considering having graded. i want to have 4 books graded, here are the 

ones under consideration #'s 28,31,37,,42,51,59,119,124. I believe all will grade between 4.5 to 6.5. Any

thoughts appreciated?

I do not have my books graded so I cannot tell you what the total cost of having books graded actually is, having said that...

None of the books listed are a high demand/high dollar book (other than 28 if the cover is really nice).

To help others help you can you tell us...

What are your plans for the books, why do you want them graded?

2 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

I do not have my books graded so I cannot tell you what the total cost of having books graded actually is, having said that...

None of the books listed are a high demand/high dollar book (other than 28 if the cover is really nice).

To help others help you can you tell us...

What are your plans for the books, why do you want them graded?

Thanks for reply, I am the original owner, bought off racks. I want to preserve them first of all and second I think 

31 and 51 have some room to run. I  have no plans to sell right now but might in the future. I have 50,100 ,101

already graded. I think 50 and 51 make a nice graded set.

From looking at GPA, issues #28, #31 and #42 seem to be the most valuable, and then it's a toss-up between #37 and #51.

Since you already have #50 graded, I agree that choosing #51 as the fourth book makes a lot of sense...

6 hours ago, silverseeker said:

From looking at GPA, issues #28, #31 and #42 seem to be the most valuable, and then it's a toss-up between #37 and #51.

Since you already have #50 graded, I agree that choosing #51 as the fourth book makes a lot of sense...

that is my thinking as well, thanks for the input

6 hours ago, Bludriver said:

28, 31 & 42 would be my 3 top picks to get graded.

thanks for the input. Kingpin being on the cover of 51 may be a factor going forward depending on

movies.

8 hours ago, ben parker said:

I want to preserve them first of all

If that is your main consideration, get some high quality mylar bags and full-back boards. You could add some microchamber paper for extra protection.

Their value will keep increasing even if unslabbed.