• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Culling My Collection
3 3

28 posts in this topic

I think I am going to go with the following: ASM #1 - #400, FF #1 - #300, and Daredevil #1 - #200. Yes, I know that I am missing the "Born Again" storyline by Frank Miller, but if I decide I need to read it again, I will just look for a TPB.

Thanks for everybody's advice!

42 minutes ago, fishbone said:

I have ASM 1-800 and FF #1-100 , I'm good with the FF run but wish I'd stopped at #441 for Spidey like a few of you here. It just takes up too much space ....... 

If you have FF #1-100 you should probably at least consider #101 and #102 to say you have the Kirby run.  I think he also contributed to #108 if you want to be a completist.

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I hung on until #700 and then I had to walk.

I did originally but changed gears after vol 3 or 4 variants on issue 1 reboot. I sold all my variants which I had probably 95% of to a collector who has the #1 or #2 ASM set. The variants just broke me from buying new issues. I am very happy now to just collect volume 1 and no variants unless you consider newsstand copies a variant.

When I got back into collecting, ASM #1-400 was on my want list...after I determined I didn't want to pony up for #121, #122, #129 and #194 I decided to give up on this goal and shoot for #1-102 (I'm missing #1-3 and #5)...it's worked out pretty well because I was able to sell quite a few of my books between #103 and #400 for a decent profit.

My Daredevil run is pretty small compared to most people...#1-20 and #158-191 (I have #1-20 but am missing four books in the Miller run).

My FF run is looking very rough from a completion standpoint...I wanted to get #1-60, but only have #8 and #20-60.

I have 80 of the ff 1 to 100 run. A Kirby sig on 13 my lowest grade copy 5.5. It’s expensive 

Will I ever finish?  Should I?  It’s collecting and like an itch. So I took my slabs to a shop and asked for a value estimate and the guy looked up eBay sales and says 3500 this and that. It’s more inventory than the shop!  I bought 1 book...  yeah I’m going to continue but slowly...

3EA76331-8750-42F0-8CAD-6CC9353DC4CC.jpeg

My runs include:

ASM 2-441 with a GRR #1 and Annuals 1-5 plus most others into the 1990s that featured original stories.

DD 1-60 and Annual 1. These were the stories I enjoyed as a kid. 

FF 44-73 (the peak of the Lee-Kirby era and the beginning of Sinnott inks) and Annuals 1-6

Silver Surfer 1-18