• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Combat Kelly Run 1953 -1956 (not complete); adding Atlas Black Knight books 4/24; Now 15% off <CLOSED>
1 1

44 posts in this topic

Combat Kelly 33, 1955, Brodsky cover. A couple more chips, especially on/near spine, small tear back cover, and a couple interior tears that extend into the art (between 1" and 2" in length each), but nothing missing. No better than 3.0 on this one in my book.

$18

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

34 minutes ago, elibowman said:

Combat Kelly 31, 1955, Heath cover. Again, just really minimal wear. The aging is going to hold back this book with very few traditional flaws. A bit of spine wear, almost no chipping, a tiny bit of cover soiling. I think this is a 4.5 (not sure how I go any higher with the aging on these, but this one deserves it if you think it can go higher). 

$30

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit:

Ok...I am going to list the three Black Knight books. I have a #1 as well that is listed on eBay. Mostly because I wanted to ask a pretty outrageous number, and see what happened. I have had a good offer already on the #1 that I haven't taken. If you want to try and talk me out of pulling the eBay listing, shoot me a PM here. These books are from the same collection, and have the same basic problems...pretty substantial edge aging. Give me a few minutes, and I will restart.

Black Knight 2, 1955, Maneely cover. This one presents very nicely, with very little surface wear, and minimal chipping. The spine edge is more noticeably aged, and there is a split for about 3.5" below the top staple. Back cover similar with edge aging, and minimal to almost no chipping. Apr 17, 1955 (I think...the 17 isn't as clear) date stamp. Complete and attached. That spine just seems delicate. Let's call it 1.8. Census shows only 40 universal graded copies, and there are no raws on eBay (there is a nice 7.0, however). It's a "mylar all-star".

$100

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Black Knight 4, 1955, Maneely cover. This one is similar to the #2 without the significant spine split. Beautifully presenting book. Some minor edge wear at the top, spine is delicate and not far from splitting in a couple places, but hasn't yet. Let's go 3.0 on sheer aging...no big flaws to drop it that far. Careful handling this one. Only 26 on the census.

$200

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Black Knight 5, 1956, Maneely cover (my favorite of the run). This one is more solid. Still aged along the edges, but the spine just feels better. No splitting. Minimal chipping. Miscut that you can see at the top. Sharp copy, that again, looks great in the bag. This one deserves a nice grade, but the aging will hold it back. I am capping these out at 4.5, and I think that's where this one sits. 31 on the census, and only 16 higher than 4.5.

$300

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Ok...that's it for tonight. The thread is up to date.

Take all three Black Knight books for $540 shipped free in the US.

We only have nine SEVEN Combat Kelly books left (26, 27, 28, 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36). Take all nine SEVEN at 5% off the listed total and free US shipping. 

Edited by elibowman

3 hours ago, elibowman said:

Combat Kelly 28, 1955, Maneely cover. Another beautiful book from a structural standpoint. Less chipping and creasing than the previous two, but the aging all the way around the edges is at least as bad, if not a bit more. Another book that should be much higher grade than the 4.5 that I am giving it. Please review the aging to decide for yourselves on these. I think that is harder to judge than creases and tears. 

$30

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit: