• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was Fin Fang Foom inspired Aliens?
2 2

52 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Namtak said:
2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I think Robby the Robot inspired Lt Commander Data. Prove me wrong

Data was inspired by the design of lore lol

Who was physically inspired by its own creator dr sooung(or a name like that dont remember how it was spelled)

Please purchase a sense of humor

9 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Amazing sculpture!

I thought so too.  The combination of Zenomorph and frog looks very plausible.  

Speaking aliens and amazing sculptures.  Check out this gingerbread. FB_IMG_1546297828778.jpg.f76cdd2244504d82a72a209fbb80a2b8.jpg

59 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I thought so too.  The combination of Zenomorph and frog looks very plausible.  

Speaking aliens and amazing sculptures.  Check out this gingerbread. FB_IMG_1546297828778.jpg.f76cdd2244504d82a72a209fbb80a2b8.jpg

Pretty hot!  The alien sculpture isn't bad either...

3 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

There is a documentary about the original Aliens

I believe the 50s movies and comics are more what inspired the concept than Fin Fang Foom

In fact, the original ----script was much more like Star Wars than what ended up on screen 

Yes, I believe so,  Carlo did his design for the dragon for his first movie production in 1957.  He had fantasied with the electronic and skeleton details that led to his new design of the Alien in 1970's.

Also, I read this book about the making of the Alien movie.  Carlo did everything in those ships, machines and alien things.  Fin Fang Foom was created in 1961.  He developed it from 1977-78 with all bones and wires. 

I am sure that he looked something that gave him new inspirational of many things that looked alien. 

image.png.d8741a0408ccb742bd308a083371a5ea.png

Edited by JollyComics

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Didn’t HR Giger design the xenomorph? 

Also, his original design was much more obviously phallic.

Nothing like our favourite Chinese dragon.

I think Carlo was first then HR Giger.   HR Giger worked full-time on Alien production.

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Yes, I believe so,  Carlo did his design for the dragon for his first movie production in 1957.  He had fantasied with the electronic and skeleton details that led to his new design of the Alien in 1970's.

Also, I read this book about the making of the Alien movie.  Carlo did everything in those ships, machines and alien things.  Fin Fang Foom was created in 1961.  He developed it from 1977-78 with all bones and wires. 

I am sure that he looked something that gave him new inspirational of many things that looked alien

image.png.d8741a0408ccb742bd308a083371a5ea.png

Pretty sure it was this, influenced by O'Bannon and designed by Giger.

Alien-H-R-Giger-Ridley-Scott.jpg.3b647fe09d4ae72a1ef2397924fb9957.jpg

My understanding is that Rambaldi was more of an execution guy and less of a concept guy.

7 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Did Fin Fang Foom inspire famed designer Carlo Rambaldi to design Aliens and ET?

Fin Fang Foom and Alien look similar due to the long neck and long tail.

Your thought?

I don't think so

Triple F looks more like the combination of a dragon/Dinosaur/iguana

Aliens in their inception look like an arachnid...I'd have to give some thought to what might have inspired their evolution 

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:
5 hours ago, wisbyron said:

Yes, it's evident that the entire 'Aliens' universe was stolen from a then-obscure pre-Marvel monster story that clearly Stan Lee created, 100%. Once again, the creator of everything has his fingers on every franchise!

Yup. Just as much as the Space Marines were clearly a knock-off of the Howling Commandos. Quite blatant.

Its completely obvious The Terminator was a swipe of The Recorder from Thor.  Just look at both robot's speech patterns.  Stan yet again.

7 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Did Fin Fang Foom inspire famed designer Carlo Rambaldi to design Aliens and ET?

Fin Fang Foom and Alien look similar due to the long neck and long tail.

Your thought?

"It, The Terror From Beyond Space" (1958 Sci-fi movie, not often scene), was the prototype for Alien. An alien that's very adept at survival, stows away. on a spacecraft that landed on a celestial body to explore, and gradually kills its way up towards the upper levels, one by one. 

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (trailer) - YouTube

19 minutes ago, kav said:

Its completely obvious The Terminator was a swipe of The Recorder from Thor.  Just look at both robot's speech patterns.  Stan yet again.

Yup.

It’s been claimed that the similarity between a Rigellian accent and an Austrian accent is purely coincidental, but I have my doubts.

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

"It, The Terror From Beyond Space" (1958 Sci-fi movie, not often scene), was the prototype for Alien. An alien that's very adept at survival, stows away. on a spacecraft that landed on a celestial body to explore, and gradually kills its way up towards the upper levels, one by one. 

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (trailer) - YouTube

Just recalled another.

Planet of Vampires.