• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or are the CGG submission servers crashing
6 6

133 posts in this topic

I was able to create my  750,000 book submission just fine.... Actually it took my 25 book Modern submission a few tries before it "finally" made it thru the process.  Mailing them off today.  
I may do one more modern submission tomorrow.   Jeez, what a huge price/discount change they made this time around.  I have a feeling TAT will double in length.

20 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Maybe not the best move by CGC. 

Leaving only a 1 week window to get your submissions in at the old price creates a panic among thousands of would-be submitters.  Even the procrastinators are motivated to get something in before the increase, because it is a HUGE increase. 

I can see a company needing to raise prices for inflation and added expenses, but some of the services (pressing, grading, fast tracking combined), are over 30% more.  Yikes!  That's over-reaching, for sure.  If gasoline went from $3 to $4 in a week, there would be a riot.

So while the TAT's are already very, very, long, a new surge of packages will arrive at the doorsteps of CGC.  To continue the gasoline analogy, they're just adding fuel to the fire.

Ummmmm it did!

California gas prices are now at well over $4.00.   Went up $1.50 since Jan.

Prices here range from $3.55 (gas price) to $4.55.

Not that I am surprised since my state is known for being so friendly to people they always say they are fighting for lol

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I just watched an entire movie - Chopping Mall - plus commercials and was unable to complete a 17 book submission. At about 12:45 am CST the CGC servers look to be 100% down. I can log into my dealer account, but the online portal to submit will not even load. Period. Nothing. 

CGC not only needs to fix this - but they need to fix it so that everyone that is trying to have submissions in by the deadline THEY SET  is able to be accomodated.  That might mean paper forms. It might me a list of people that tried to submit that could not and so prices are adjusted on receipt. But this is not right. 

12 minutes ago, iae21 said:

Just tried printing out a Packing Slip (after it took me 3 hours to enter a 75 book order).   I keep getting an error message.

Will ANYONE in CGC please help us out?  

Why are you posting this on a message board?  People should be blowing up customer service.  You know the people that will be even busier now that there is less incentive for dealers to help customers out with CGC issues.

Edited by blazingbob

43 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Why are you posting this on a message board?  People should be blowing up customer service.  You know the people that will be even busier now that there is less incentive for dealers to help customers out with CGC issues.

100% and reducing the incentive for the dealers is one of the worst business decisions I have ever seen. You have brand advocates with brick and motor stores helping you facilitate your product with their resources for very little incentive, they are the face of the service and deal directly with your clients, most likely pushing your product and dealing with your customer service issues. You cut them out??? What business classes did these guys take??? 

I noticed a well known dealer announced on Instagram they no longer accept CGC submissions, so suspect more direct submissions from the Houston area.