• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it just me or are the CGG submission servers crashing
6 6

133 posts in this topic

Clearly I am not going to read through all of these comments due to how aggravated I am right now.  I am sure others have mentioned this, but CGC should be extending this deadline.  One week was not enough and it makes me wonder if that was purposely done so that the servers would crash and we would have to wait to submit for more money.  I know nothing about computers, but I can tell you that if you are going to have a major surge in website traffic, which they knew would happen, you have to have have servers capable of handling this, which clearly they do not.  So if anyone from CGC bothers to read this, EXTEND THE DEADLINE.

Over the last month I've spent countless hours prepping a large trading card submission. Was only able to submit a small fraction of it. Hopefully there is some positive solution or response from CGC about this.

I've read the last six pages, and one thing no one mentioned is the silence. Why hasn't CGC said anything? Instead of posting something reassuring (even something non-committal but reassuring) they stay quiet and let a bunch of people get angry and stew and build off each others' anger, all while they don't bother to address speculations of shady business practices. Just stop by and say "hold on, we're humbled by the overwhelming interest in our services, we'll make it right."

I'm with everyone else here, had a 40 book sub deleted last night trying to check out and now I can't even get the form to load.  Very disappointed, and that's with several orders already sitting in house just waiting to get looked at.  I'm just getting into this part of the hobby and CGC is quickly losing my faith in them.  The time we are putting into lost orders, let alone the price increase after paying for a year subscription is bad business.

13 minutes ago, Ablation Steve said:

I've read the last six pages, and one thing no one mentioned is the silence. Why hasn't CGC said anything? Instead of posting something reassuring (even something non-committal but reassuring) they stay quiet and let a bunch of people get angry and stew and build off each others' anger, all while they don't bother to address speculations of shady business practices. Just stop by and say "hold on, we're humbled by the overwhelming interest in our services, we'll make it right."

You clearly haven't been around long enough to expect them to make a statement or admit fault or apologize lol 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

To be honest, I don't know if I want to spend a few thousand in grading fees to slab 100 books that I won't see until around November / December.  That is another thing.   There is a page of art I have my eye on where the ask is $4,000.  Do I kiss $4,000 goodbye for plastic shells or do I get my page of comic art? 

But the difference in raw book vs graded books for what I might send down makes it worth it to get graded.

It's stuff like this that is starting to make me shrug at all of this. 

I know. I was on the fence about sending that many in as well, but like you said they would be worth a lot more graded. That is why I prepped them and they were going even though I already have 4 submissions already floating.  1 there. 2 at the presser and 1 getting a commission.  Like you I really didn't want to have all this much tied up. Now with this mess and their apparent we don't give a ake attitude toward their customers . As you put it time to shrug.  Will probably be unloading a lot of what I just really have decided is just not worth this effort anymore.