• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Gang #1 Cgc 5.0 First Appearance Of Our Gang & Tom & Jerry Ultra Rare! 1942 ***Very Important Comic Book***
1 1

17 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, MBFan said:

You got them all, except for the last kid, who is Mickey.

I think you’re right. They did look similar. In the caricature, it looks more like Porky to me, but on the back cover, it does indeed look like Mickey.
I fondly recall watching them after school in reruns along of course the Three Stooges. 

I've always called them 'Our Gang' and pointed out to my friends (who likely think I'm taking this too seriously now that I see it typed out, ha!) how 'Little Rascals' was a title created by nineteen fifties syndicate heads because they thought "Gang" would lead to juvenile delinquent behavior, ya can't make it up. I said, if you were a group of poor kids constantly disrupting uppity upper society types, what would you call yourselves?? The Little Rascals is what I imagine a Margaret Dumont type would call them. I expect Stymie and Spanky to call it the 'Gang'.

On 4/25/2021 at 6:36 PM, PopKulture said:

Great book, and for sure under-appreciated! Is the cast shown Froggy, Spanky, Darla, Buckwheat and Porky?  hm

It`s very sad that Froggy (William Robert Laughlin) past away at such a young age, he was only 16 years old. Froggy was on the back of his scooter that his friend was driving and his friend made a u-turn in front of a speeding truck. Froggy`s friend lived but unfortunately Froggy past away. This happened in 1948.