• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price increase submission deadline extension?
2 2

34 posts in this topic

Took me 9 hours to get in 24 cards and then the page went blank... Wasn't able to submit anything and wound up wasting a huge amount of time. Not to mention, several of my friends were also unable to submit, and another one of my friends, who had spent days preparing a submission, had his cart deleted upon trying to check out earlier today due to the errors. You would think that the director of product development would have a bit more sympathy for his customers and not just lash back by making it seem like we should be grateful we got the announcement at all. The announcement is useless if the site doesn't even function. I know these past few days you guys have probably been overwhelmed by people trying to submit, but try to see it from the perspective of your customers for a moment. We bought your memberships. We spent the time to try to properly prepare submission forms through all these errors. And what are we met with? A cold hearted response.

Edited by Kasten Welsh

I'm in Massachusetts and in the Eastern Standard Time zone just like CGC in FLA. Maybe my cart can be retrieved after 3AM EST when the guys in California and the West Coast hit midnight and they stop beating their head against the wall like i have for the past couple days. LOL

CGCs timeline really just sucks for the regular peeps that have 8-5 jobs, kids, and other household responsibilities to handle before having the time to mess around with their comic collections.....

Pretty much ANY competitor at this point.

10+ hours to enter my submission (funny how it started working better AFTER the deadline) only to have the whole thing emptied finishing the last step of the checkout 

it’s absolutely shameful 

Ill be lucky if any of my previous submissions get back to me at all never mind not damaged 

still waiting on order submitted early January 

1 minute ago, GACollectibles said:

Great attitude.  You had more than a week to prepare for this, and failed.

Maybe he thought he was responding in the Trading Card section and no one would notice the flippant answer which is the norm up there.

The Collector’s Society needs to get its house in order. 

2 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

The Collector’s Society needs to get its house in order. 

I agree

That sounds like someone who is under pressure to me. I've noticed Paul's responses are often quite terse, but this particular response doesn't help at all. 

I've also noticed that if you are lucky enough to get a response to an 'Ask CGC' question at all, that they rarely enter into any dialogue. It's just a short sharp answer with any follow up questions generally ignored. That makes it feel like a tick box exercise to me, rather than a genuine desire to answer questions. Here, Paul misses the salient point - sure, CGC magnanimously gave a weeks notice, for which we should clearly be grateful, but if the servers can't cope, and members can't get their orders through, what use is that? It's an own goal and has created a lot of bad feeling. 

On a wider point, this forum lately just reads like an outlet for CGC process and service gripes. When you read the 'all activity' stream all you see is this kind of thing, more so now that cards have been amalgamated into the site. I think CGC might be better cutting out the Customer Service response functions here and return the forum to what it should be - a comic discussion / appreciation group. Every where you look now it's 'this don't work' and 'that don't work' and it's pretty tedious. People join here simply to moan because CGC have let three 'Q&A' forums become overrun with customer service / submission issues. I think they should refocus and push the customer service issues to a separate outlet - the danger is, otherwise, that the whole forum ultimately gets switched off when CGC realise that it is both a drain on their staff resources and a bad advertisement for their services. 

@dena - FYI - something to consider.

4 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

hm I'm not sure FOAD is the best level of response from CGC customer service at this time.

Maybe that's advice from the efficiency expert, just cut to the chase and let the customer know you don't GAS.

23 hours ago, PaulS. said:

There will be no extension. We gave a week notice, which we did not have to do. Submissions should be submitted before midnight tonight EST.

Thank you,

Paul

Wow.