• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submit a third time for missing cover artist and old slab?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I submitted this AC #29 for grading a few months back and when I got it back a few weeks ago it was in the old slab and was missing in the title “Wayne Boring Cover”.

image.thumb.jpeg.005f1fb2f4eb08ba849dca62cf0d2ad1.jpeg

I emailed CGC and they promptly replied and apologized and had me send it back on their dime. It went back through their hands quickly and they next day air it to me and this is what I find today: 

image.thumb.jpeg.2e0c5407020ca6edd08c9e2d83571a0e.jpeg

And no, that’s not the same photo. You can see they fixed the off-center of the grade and page quality. Oy, I get that they are overwhelmed but this is a waste of everyone’s time. 

Do I try again? Just deal with a missing cover credit? Not like Wayne Boring is famous or anything :whistle:

Plus, is this usual to still be using the old slabs? They’re terrible quality with the sticker on top and some weird melting on the side. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a54e7199866fe3d40b8101cda3a72acb.jpeg

Look how nice this book looks in a new slab (from eBay). 

image.thumb.png.c11f93b417ce9fdede16702da631b762.png

23 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

To my understanding, CGC still uses the older style slabs on thicker books.  Was the “1st Lois Lane Cover” comment removed from the label the second time around?

It doesn’t seem to follow a pattern - that book I posted above from eBay is a new slab of the same book, and I have a few other AC's in the new slab. My understanding from board searches is that it’s up to the person doing the encapsulation to decide, but they need to retire those old ones ASAP. I feel like I received an inferior product. 

And no, the label still says “1st Lois Lane cover”. I wrote that as one of the things that needed to be corrected when I sent it back in but I had little hope they would correct it. I didn’t even bother listing it here as another thing they got wrong...

Thank you for that explanation. I hadn’t realized that it was the current magazine holder. Do you know if that is why they can’t add the third line of text which would be the cover artist (and why they re-slabbed without adding it)?

I believe you just saved me another re-submit. Much appreciated.