• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHYYYYYYY DID I SELL THAT BOOK?
6 6

85 posts in this topic

With the current comic market at an all time high ( due to several factors) and some books seeing gains of well over 100%  WHAT BOOK(S) DO YOU WISH YOU HAD HELD ONTO JUST A................................. LITTLE BIT LONGER?

I sold a .5 X Men #1 last year for $900 buck and thought I did really well, watched the buyer sell it a few weeks ago for over 4k lol

Edited by I am not Glenda

19 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

With the current comic market at an all time high ( due to several factors) and some books seeing gains of well over 100%  WHAT BOOK(S) DO YOU WISH YOU HAD HELD ONTO JUST A................................. LITTLE BIT LONGER?

I sold a .5 X Men #1 last year for $900 buck and thought I did really well, watched the buyer sell it a few weeks ago for over 4k lol

The ASM 300 Newsstand I sold 8 Years ago for $100 does not count, so I'm going with TMNT Adventures NM+ set-1-4, for $19.95 1 year ago.

13 minutes ago, Bludriver said:

Sold a Marvel Spotlight #5 in 8.5 for $500 a few years ago....right before it started shooting up in price.

I sold a MS5 CGC 9.4 ages ago (circa 2009) for $700.  More recently wishing I had waited on selling my SME15 CGC 9.8 a few more months.

ASM316 9.8 Lee, Mcfarlane, Mich yellow label sold for 1500 years ago. It wasn't too much of a loss because I did replace that with X-men97 9.8 however. I don't know exactly what to make of that since X97 doesn't sell often in top grades compared to ASM316 which sell often. I think out of those two the 97 is better long term. 

You really have to keep selling to keep the machine going if you know what I mean.

So its really too many numerous ones to list. But a few that come to mind.

Golden Age: Mask 2 in Fine- for $1800.00, Suspense 8 in Fine+ for around $1600. 

Silver Age: X-Men 1 in VF for $20K, 3 low grade Hulk 1's for between $1500 and 3K. FF 48 in 9.0

Bronze Age: Giant Sized X-Men 1 and X-Men 94 both in 9.2, about 4 or 5 HG X-Men 101's Vampy 1 9.0
(Most every every Bronze age key) 

Copper: Numerous Raphael's, Numerous ASM 300's

Modern: Venom 1 black error cover, Darth Vader 3's variant covers

Edited by Rip