• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHYYYYYYY DID I SELL THAT BOOK?
6 6

85 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2021 at 4:22 PM, Math Teacher said:

Most recently, I regret selling JiM #85 4.5 to help finance my purchase of my AF #15 2.5. I sold it for $1,500, and it is now selling for $6,000+. I am very happy to have my AF #15, but that is one book I will probably never get back.

Join the club. I sold my JIM 85 6.5 WP to someone on these boards last year for $2200.  Yikes

12 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

I seriously don't know anything about statues.  Do statues appreciate in value?  Or are they depreciating asset for collectors who buy them to display?  

They mostly stay the same, provided you keep up with any large shipping boxes they come in etc.

This one in particular has gone up maybe $200. I traded win the ASM #129 4.5 and the SS#4 8.0 cost me and was worth about $400 a piece. I've since replace the 8.0 with a 4.0, that has appreciated

Not a total loss but dang hahah

FF 1 CGC 3.0 SS Stan Lee - Sold the book for $4.5K on Reese's Rare Comics (at the time, fair market value) with the intention of upgrading it to a 4.0 blue label.  Got the money from the sale but Reese's never came through with a 4.0 and two weeks later, my 3.0 SS Stan book went up in value to $10K+.  I trusted people where I shouldn't have.  I should have put a $10K price on the book until a 4.0 was found but with hindsight, it's easy to know what should have been done.  Sadly, I dissolved my FF collection after that knowing that I will never have the opportunity to afford another FF 1.  Still irked about it to this day!

3 hours ago, Bluemedgroup said:

Join the club. I sold my JIM 85 6.5 WP to someone on these boards last year for $2200.  Yikes

Well, I ended up looking at it this way. Yes, I could have held on to my JIM #85, and then sold for over $5,000 now. However, the current price of an AF 15 2.5 has increased to over $25,000. I would never had been willing to spend $25,000 for an AF #15 (or for any other comic books, for that matter).

8 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I think the Latest Ebay sale/auction ended at $8330.

fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
    "a facetious remark"

On 5/4/2021 at 2:30 AM, N e r V said:

So the question becomes what did I do with the money from things sold.

This.

I am still pulling my hair for selling my full runs of Ghost Rider and Werewolf by Night, among other books, especially when looking at what prices 9.4 and 9.6 copies of WBN #32 sell for today :pullhair:

However, with the proceeds of the sales, I was able to purchase high grade slabbed copies of FF #3,13 and Hulk #2,6

Sure I should have just bought them without selling the others but I always have an annual budget for comics and if I go over that, I tell myself that I need to sell some stuff to finance the extra I spend over the budget.

Of course, if I had a crystal ball, I would have bought them all but I still cannot predict the future.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:29 PM, october said:

$8000+ for a 9.8 for a direct edition. Newsstand would be well over $10k. 

ASM 300 Newsstand CGC 9.8 signed by McFarlane went for a whopping $25K on ComicLink auction last week. Record price.

Edited by Lookin4Newsstands

I had 3 ASM 300s in 9.8 I bought raw for now more than $500 each from a lCS, Sold all of them between 22-2400 each at the height of the Venom movie hype was around, Almost kept one but decided just sell it and fund more books to resell...still should have kept one though. 

I don't wanna talk about me selling slabs 20 years ago... **Shivers**