• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Deadline 4/28

64 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Tan MYWZWKJH said:

Don't complain if you choose to go last minute, the server is not build to withheld increased traffic in such short amount of time span, you have a WEEK to log in the cards. I'm sure that not every grading company provides such ample time to make up an order rather than imposing the increase immediately. 

Thanks for the advice, now we all feel much better.

11 minutes ago, Tan MYWZWKJH said:

Don't complain if you choose to go last minute, the server is not build to withheld increased traffic in such short amount of time span, you have a WEEK to log in the cards. I'm sure that not every grading company provides such ample time to make up an order rather than imposing the increase immediately. 

Clearly you have not read any of the posts this issue was not just tonight it’s been like this form3-4 days atleast.

Its that simple, I'm able to log in 1071 bulk / 24 express on the 22th - 23rd of April without any form of hiccups. There isn't any big server lag experienced like yesterday and today. I guess you could only blame yourself to have not foresee the amount of fomo that people are rushing in logging submissions that they will paying x1.5 on the 28th. 

Screenshot_20210428-124841_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Tan MYWZWKJH

Just now, Tan MYWZWKJH said:

Its that simple, I'm able to log in 1071 bulk / 24 express on the 22th - 23rd of April without any form of hiccups. There isn't any big server lag experienced like yesterday and today. I guess you could only blame yourself to have not foresee the amount of fomo that people are rushing in logging submissions that they will paying x1.5 on the 28th. 

HEY GUYS GET A LOAD OF THIS G.O.A.T. CARD GRADING GENIUS WITH INCREDIBLE FORESIGHT INTO FUTURE TECHNOLOGY BREAKDOWNS. GRADERS HATE HIM!!

HE SUBMITTED NOT 1 BUT 2 SUBMISSIONS BEFORE THE DEADLINE!! WHAT!!!!!!!!

AND HE EVEN PROVIDED A SNIPPET WITH MS PAINT SCRIBBLING ON IT AS PROOF (NFT potential?). VISIONARY!!!!!

SplendidPhonyGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif.f5297a63a4e449ebe56ef0c75bd03dac.gif

2 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

HEY GUYS GET A LOAD OF THIS G.O.A.T. CARD GRADING GENIUS WITH INCREDIBLE FORESIGHT INTO FUTURE TECHNOLOGY BREAKDOWNS. GRADERS HATE HIM!!

HE SUBMITTED NOT 1 BUT 2 SUBMISSIONS BEFORE THE DEADLINE!! WHAT!!!!!!!!

AND HE EVEN PROVIDED A SNIPPET WITH MS PAINT SCRIBBLING ON IT AS PROOF (NFT potential?). VISIONARY!!!!!

SplendidPhonyGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif.f5297a63a4e449ebe56ef0c75bd03dac.gif

HAHAHAHAHAH THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY XDDDD

6 hours ago, Tan MYWZWKJH said:

Wouldn't have time to log that many cards even without the errors. 

For myself I chugged through it and submitted my last 366 cards (took around 7 hours), and I did get errors but if you clear your cache in between the errors you get them much less often :) 

To everyone complaining; I get it, but at least CGC gave us a CHANCE to get our cards in. Would you rather them just do what PSA did and increase the price and then you are SoL? You all had to have known they were going to increase their prices...why did you wait this long? What if they didn't give you a heads up, would you still be complaining? I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but with thousands of people trying to submit cards through their database at the same time- I'm not sure how you can be pissed off at CGC for this..

Edited by Oreos

29 minutes ago, Oreos said:

For myself I chugged through it and submitted my last 366 cards (took around 7 hours), and I did get errors but if you clear your cache in between the errors you get them much less often :) 

To everyone complaining; I get it, but at least CGC gave us a CHANCE to get our cards in. Would you rather them just do what PSA did and increase the price and then you are SoL? You all had to have known they were going to increase their prices...why did you wait this long? What if they didn't give you a heads up, would you still be complaining? I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but with thousands of people trying to submit cards through their database at the same time- I'm not sure how you can be pissed off at CGC for this..

Can’t speak for others but I was waiting on a package that didn’t arrive until Monday night.

29 minutes ago, Oreos said:

With work, family and kids most of us probably don't have 7 hours to sit at a computer and sub cards....

11 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

With work, family and kids most of us probably don't have 7 hours to sit at a computer and sub cards....

Then you should have submitted them before they announced the price increase. I feel you, I have a wife and kids as well, but for everyone to rag on CGC when they were kind enough in the first place to even give a heads up isn't the answer.

1 minute ago, Oreos said:

Then you should have submitted them before they announced the price increase. I feel you, I have a wife and kids as well, but for everyone to rag on CGC when they were kind enough in the first place to even give a heads up isn't the answer.

I've been sending shipments since Dec of last year. Trying to get a rotation of cards coming in and going out about the same time. I can't constantly send half shipments. Wouldn't be cost effective, and I constantly have new merchandise coming in. Not feasible to simply send cards as they arrive for many reasons. Shipping charges being the most obvious.

11 hours ago, Tan MYWZWKJH said:

Are you deliberately being obtuse? People have been complaining about this for days, not just on April 28th.

Edited by Math Teacher

2 hours ago, Oreos said:

You all had to have known they were going to increase their prices...why did you wait this long? What if they didn't give you a heads up, would you still be complaining? I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but with thousands of people trying to submit cards through their database at the same time- I'm not sure how you can be pissed off at CGC for this..

Why would I know that an increase in price was coming? If you increase the volume of product you produce each month, you should actually be able to charge less to make the same amount of income. I understand that they will then have increased costs, but it's clear that this additional income has not been spent on hiring additional staff.

Let's say, for example, that CGC that currently receives 100,000 comics/cards per month. I have no idea how many comic/cards they receive in a month, I just used 100,000 for an example.

Then let's say that they increase their price, on average, $5 per comic/card. Immediately, they will now be receiving an extra $500,000 of income each month.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. CGC announces a price increase. CGC sets a deadline as to when the price increase will begin. It is entirely foreseeable that there would be a crush in submissions prior to this deadline. @Oreos, I am not referring to you specifically when I wrote the prior three sentences. Instead, I'm addressing the shills. 

"... why did you wait so long?" Here's my response to that. Life happens.

Edited by Math Teacher