• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's price raising and customer service
5 5

189 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

To be fair, you had from the time of the announcement to the end of the deadline to submit and your books. There were plenty of members that were able to submit their books without a hitch.

I was not.  When it didn't work for me the first few times, I was not going to spend every waking moment trying to see when and if it would work.   Now, don't get me wrong.  I readily accept that my next few orders will wind up costing me more and I am okay with that.  It is what it is.

However, I shake my head at CGC's response to this and shake my head still at CGC touting expansion and hiring more graders in order to justify a cost increase yet they cannot reduce TAT.  So what am I actually 'getting' here with a $150 membership now?  

I dunno...

I dunno.

Just now, Buzzetta said:
7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

@Buzzettacan we start 3 separate lists

apologist, complainers, instigators

I will take instigators for $300 Hector!

No Pen is Mightier or Potent Potables? :sumo:

Honestly I don’t complain about Cgc and I can understand their price increase even if I don’t like it. 

but this news release is beyond pathetic imo. To say the vast majority got their info in on time is ludicrous. How do they know how many didn’t? There are dozens and dozens of posts everywhere by different people saying they weren’t able to enter the info on time. 

Assuming the “vast majority” did in fact get them in, then what would be the net monetary loss by extending the online submission time by another week. 

since the so called “vast majority” got their info in then the website shouldn’t have any issues anymore and the last few stragglers will have a chance to get in as well. This would be viewed so positively and give tons of goodwill that people may actually not be as angry for the price increases. 

At least make factual statements Cgc instead of this. 

Problem:  Software error causing people issues to have issues entering their books online (myself included). 

CGC Solution:  Give people more time to physically ship the books in?  It's not even really for our benefit, CGC is going to be slammed with books and want to space out the surge of submissions.  Gee thanks, I guess?

image.png.fd275d6aef445bb93c08f49d05dd0d2c.png

That e-mail is about as tone deaf as it gets.  This was a major issue when inputting over 200 books.  Not to mention I have not received responses to my e-mails sent over the weekend with questions about the submissions.

1 minute ago, TTony said:

CGC Solution:  Give people more time to physically ship the books in?  It's not even really for our benefit, CGC is going to be slammed with books and want to space out the surge of submissions.  Gee thanks, I guess?

My guess is this is not so much to keep submitters happy as it is to make it less a way of favoring CCS over its competitors.  If they give time for CCS to finish pressing backlog and consider it in on time a similar courtesy to Joey and the other pressers makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

For now... it's that simple.

Guess I will submit some things now and then take a year off after that. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.40.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.42.05 PM.png

Yep. I will be doing the same. With all this of this I too can not justify it.

3 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

I have subs received by CFP in December 2020 still waiting for pressing. No pressure, @joeypost

I have some that still showed received in November, but they are already back to me now.

He has been so busy, but hasn't updated the website page . I would think yours should make it and be safe.

16 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

I have subs received by CFP in December 2020 still waiting for pressing. No pressure, @joeypost

Yeah I don't know exactly where he is on orders, but I don't worry about his status on the website.

The order thunsicker posted is 13005, One of mine got to him on 3-30 and is order number 14550 so he was getting a lot of orders it seems before this happened,