• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market is just crazy stupid right now
6 6

331 posts in this topic

I would be selling right now but I would get murdered on taxes. I have to wait until the beginning of 22 before I can sell. If the market tanks that's good on the buying front and if not then I will sell. I can't buy under the current conditions.

13 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

It's ok man, I'm having anxiety just thinking that  GSX1 9.6 is now a 25k book. If only I just held on for another year.  FML lol Paid 5400 and sold for a measly 6.

Better then my bitcoin.  Sold for 1k, if I held them it would be worth over 100k now 

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Tell me about it... hopefully my pain helps others feel better about premature sales 

Since you mentioned bitcoin, called up my friend. She used to get paid in bitcoin years ago and never cashed it out. Currently sitting on 300 bitcoin. Going to find out if this is true or not.  hm That's 17,262,750.00 in today's market. 

22 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Since you mentioned bitcoin, called up my friend. She used to get paid in bitcoin years ago and never cashed it out. Currently sitting on 300 bitcoin. Going to find out if this is true or not.  hm That's 17,262,750.00 in today's market. 

If she didn't keep track of it she probably is a multi-millionaire. If she knew about it she probably sold it a long time ago

1 hour ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

It's ok man, I'm having anxiety just thinking that  GSX1 9.6 is now a 25k book. If only I just held on for another year.  FML lol Paid 5400 and sold for a measly 6.

By the way, among the books I sold was the GSX, although it was in the 1.8 state, but still, considering how much all these books cost now, it was a very bad deal for me. But what can you do, you need to somehow earn reviews

Just now, rfhbv100 said:

By the way, among the books I sold was the GSX, although it was in the 1.8 state, but still, considering how much all these books cost now, it was a very bad deal for me. But what can you do, you need to somehow earn reviews

As long as you made money and got what you wanted for. That's with everything in life. We can't predict the market/future. Would be a sweet super power though.

2 hours ago, Kramerica said:

I like these threads. As bad as I feel about how much I sold 'Book X' for years ago there's always a story that makes me feel.....not so horrible and stupid? Well, maybe I still feel horrible and stupid but at least I'm not alone in my kicking myself misery. Because, well, misery loves company and all that.

%^#$@^! 

It's definitely hard to look back on sales....I sold NM 98 for $1000 only to see buddy put it up on his site for $2500 a week later....comics probably increase a lot more then decrease so any book you look back on is always going to be worth more, but by how much?

23 hours ago, the blob said:

This is the advice being offered on one of the facebook groups to someone who asked what grade slabs they should start with: 

"Number #1 only buy 9.8. number #2 only buy key issues or #1's. don't buy X-Men #14, buy X-Men number one. #3 pay attention to sales of cgc stuff"

uhg

obviously this chump only buys modern garbage ...:roflmao:

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

It's definitely hard to look back on sales....I sold NM 98 for $1000 only to see buddy put it up on his site for $2500 a week later....comics probably increase a lot more then decrease so any book you look back on is always going to be worth more, but by how much?

I sold my TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 for $17k, my same copy sold for $90K.

Cant look back at what was then the correct market sale.  It is what it is.

Everyone that has bought and sold comics has numerous examples of this.  I have been selling since 2010.  

I only got $2500 for my WWBN #32 CGC 9.8, 7K for my NM #98 CGC 9.9, and 3k for my Venom #1 error black cover CGC 9.9.  (shrug)

Now the good news if you were smart you took that profit and rolled into other comics or investments.  Even though I only sold that TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 for now in today's market a super low number I for sure turned that $17k into over $100K.  Just took me longer.....

Edited by NewWorldOrder

14 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I sold my TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 for $17k, my same copy sold for $90K.

Cant look back at what was then the correct market sale.  It is what it is.

Everyone that has bought and sold comics has numerous examples of this.  I have been selling since 2010.  

I only got $2500 for my WWBN #32 CGC 9.8, 7K for my NM #98 CGC 9.9, and 3k for my Venom #1 error black cover CGC 9.9.  (shrug)

Now the good news if you were smart you took that profit and rolled into other comics or investments.  Even though I only sold that TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 for now in today's market a super low number I for sure turned that $17k into over $100K.  Just took me longer.....

It was in a deal for an X-Men 1, about a total at the time (90 day GPA) of 12k in books plus I gave him about 3k cash. A few weeks later X-Men 1 sold on Clink in that grade for 26k and another in the same grade sold for 32k...I got offered 25k last night, but with two auctions coming up on Clink same grade/book I'm curious to see what happens and I declined the offer, but I deeply miss the books I sold

Edited by Hollywood1892

15 minutes ago, InfantTerrible said:

I meant about the up and coming FF books.......FF1 and FF5 are on a class of their own, no question there, they are top-2 FF books,

I'd like to think that #2 & 4 are going to start moving soon. Marvel has plans for the Skrulls in the Nick Fury/Secret Invasion Disney+ show so the 1st Skrulls could potentially move. Marvel has big plans for Namor as well.

27 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I'd like to think that #2 & 4 are going to start moving soon. Marvel has plans for the Skrulls in the Nick Fury/Secret Invasion Disney+ show so the 1st Skrulls could potentially move. Marvel has big plans for Namor as well.

FF4 already left the building, in term of value, I think this is the order: FF1, FF5, FF4, FF48, FF49, FF52

1 hour ago, InfantTerrible said:

FF4 already left the building, in term of value, I think this is the order: FF1, FF5, FF4, FF48, FF49, FF52

Not really...regarding FF4. Randomly selecting some recent sales...

6.5 this march for $6600, a year ago I'd say it was a $6K book...  

3.0 in march for $2200, a year ago I'd say it was a $1500 book...

While it's gone up, sure...it has not seen anything remotely close to the craziness the rest of the "key" market has seen as of late. Serious question, what sales are driving you to this conclusion? Maybe I have some blind spots...