• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market is just crazy stupid right now
6 6

331 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Not really...regarding FF4. Randomly selecting some recent sales...

6.5 this march for $6600, a year ago I'd say it was a $6K book...  

3.0 in march for $2200, a year ago I'd say it was a $1500 book...

While it's gone up, sure...it has not seen anything remotely close to the craziness the rest of the "key" market has seen as of late. Serious question, what sales are driving you to this conclusion? Maybe I have some blind spots...

that 6.5 for $6.6K is old news

here's the more recent one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265087297272?hash=item3db86f26f8%3Ag%3AnZkAAOSwmN5gTSLt&nma=true&si=l8pZ8XdcL5GheRdZj8girGBeBrA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

4 minutes ago, InfantTerrible said:

Yikes! That's eye catching indeed, thanks. And a special thanks to gocollect for their delays in capturing data... I might be going back to GPA, how can I not? What's the point of having a pricing service if they don't update their prices? The whole point is to be informed, and I'm not (or at least wasn't in this instance).

Sorry, rant over....

Edited by Callaway29

I can certainly attest to FF4 going nuts, it is the last big FF book I need and have been smoked on each one in auction, even ran up a restored copy willing to take a chance and it went for 1K more than I expected.

22 hours ago, Callaway29 said:
22 hours ago, InfantTerrible said:

Yikes! That's eye catching indeed, thanks. And a special thanks to gocollect for their delays in capturing data... I might be going back to GPA, how can I not? What's the point of having a pricing service if they don't update their prices? The whole point is to be informed, and I'm not (or at least wasn't in this instance).

Sorry, rant over....

Sorry to ask what seems like common knowledge, but I'm a bit out of touch with the market...why isn't this sale in GPA?  How long are their delays for capturing eBay data?  Looks like this auction ended almost three weeks ago.

17 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:
23 hours ago, Callaway29 said:
23 hours ago, InfantTerrible said:

Sorry, rant over....

Expand  

Sorry to ask what seems like common knowledge, but I'm a bit out of touch with the market...why isn't this sale in GPA?  How long are their delays for capturing eBay data?  Looks like this auction ended almost three weeks ago.

It's on GPA, listed as a $10,000 sale.  Ebay has recently made yet another change to hide the prices for "Best Offer".  They are requiring people to pay to get Best Offer price data now.

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Sorry if my sarcasm wasn’t evident. My beef is actually with gocollect not gpa.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Since you mentioned bitcoin, called up my friend. She used to get paid in bitcoin years ago and never cashed it out. Currently sitting on 300 bitcoin. Going to find out if this is true or not.  hm That's 17,262,750.00 in today's market. 

Is she single? :roflmao:

On 5/2/2021 at 6:51 PM, Callaway29 said:

Sorry, rant over....

I'm still a little bitter with GPA. A couple months ago I was trying to get a JIM 83 and someone offered me what was then 2.5k over GPA and I scoffed at such a notion. Within a matter of weeks I realized GPA was way off and that deal would have been actually under FMV. 

So what I'm saying is GPA 100% owes me a JIM 83 2.0. I expect it on my doorstep by Saturday. 

The attitude that everything is going up 30% next week pervades everything. I am looking at a 9 8 that had sold for $260-270 the last 3 auctions and BINs over the last 1-3 weeks. Every current BIN is prices $90-140+++ more than that. So I make offers at a little above the sales results. Most of the BINs auto reject. One guy does counter.  But he was the highest already and just countered with what the lowest BIN out there was. I don't think offering a little above the 3 sales results (one SS) was unreasonable. But folks want 30% more. 

46 minutes ago, the blob said:

The attitude that everything is going up 30% next week pervades everything. I am looking at a 9 8 that had sold for $260-270 the last 3 auctions and BINs over the last 1-3 weeks. Every current BIN is prices $90-140+++ more than that. So I make offers at a little above the sales results. Most of the BINs auto reject. One guy does counter.  But he was the highest already and just countered with what the lowest BIN out there was. I don't think offering a little above the 3 sales results (one SS) was unreasonable. But folks want 30% more. 

I assume you’re trying to buy it for at least a 30% flip:baiting:

11 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I assume you’re trying to buy it for at least a 30% flip:baiting:

No, I don't think i can flip it for that much right now, after fees I don't think I'd make anything. I'm thinking a bit longer term. Low print run book, seemingly not pumped up in current hysteria, title I like. I just wish I had been thinking about it a couple of weeks ago. After some more back and forth he is $35 below the MCS price, so I guess $25 less than the price on their website. While we are $20 more than the SS sold for just last week, I will probably give in, particularly if I make some sales tonight. Just need to sell some more MCP 72s. None of the 9.8s I have been buying lately are flips after I pay fees. I should be putting this money into paying off my HELO or fixing my roof.

That's the thing about buying 9.8s. There's not much subjectivity. Sellers can see the last few sales, so can buyers, we're not quibling over whether a book may actually be a VF, the only issue is whether we think the next round of sales is going to jack things up. Folks prices 50-75% above most recent sales are just waiting for the market to catch up.

It is weird, for a long time I had little interest in modern 9.8s, now I am keenly interested in a few select books if I don't feel like I am overpaying.

Edited by the blob

1 minute ago, the blob said:

No, I don't think i can flip it for that much right now, after fees I don't think I'd make anything. I'm thinking a bit longer term. Low print run book, seemingly not pumped up in current hysteria, title I like. I just wish I had been thinking about it a couple of weeks ago. After some more back and forth he is $35 below the MCS price, so I guess $25 less than the price on their website. While we are $20 more than the SS sold for just last week, I will probably give in, particularly if I make some sales tonight. Just need to sell some more MCP 72s. None of the 9.8s I have been buying lately are flips after I'd pay fees. I should be putting this money into paying off my HELO or fixing my roof.

It is weird, for a long time I had little interest in modern 9.8s, now I am keenly interested in a few select books if I don't feel like I am overpaying.

You’re getting modern fever

It’s like Gold fever.....except modern :insane:

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

You’re getting modern fever

It’s like Gold fever.....except modern :insane:

It isn't that I never had any interest before, but it was mostly about buying at cover price and selling for $30. And while I know there are 9.9s out there, there is something psychologically appealing about that 9.8.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

It isn't that I never had any interest before, but it was mostly about buying at cover price and selling for $30. And while I know there are 9.9s out there, there is something psychologically appealing about that 9.8.

Pull back bud.....

Before it’s too late and you drift into the modern 9.8 abyss....:shy:

16 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Pull back bud.....

Before it’s too late and you drift into the modern 9.8 abyss....:shy:

No, it is very select books, where I don't own a raw. We're talking about a list of books that may be no more than 10 and I have 3 of them already. I'd love a Goon 1 and a 3 as I have a Goon 2, but I don't think a 9.8 on #1 is ever happening unless I buy one raw and even a 9.4 is 2X my $300 limit on any book like this.

52 minutes ago, the blob said:

No, it is very select books, where I don't own a raw. We're talking about a list of books that may be no more than 10 and I have 3 of them already. I'd love a Goon 1 and a 3 as I have a Goon 2, but I don't think a 9.8 on #1 is ever happening unless I buy one raw and even a 9.4 is 2X my $300 limit on any book like this.

Ok.  But if you buy more than a dozen, I’m staging a forum intervention.:sumo: