• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market is just crazy stupid right now
6 6

331 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, the blob said:

If you pee on it and the book turns yellow then don't submit. The 9.2 are from when folks didn't do prescreens or newbies nowadays who don't know any better

Or they thought that is how you get a yellow label.. 

1 minute ago, the blob said:

If you pee on it and the book turns yellow then don't submit. The 9.2 are from when folks didn't do prescreens or newbies nowadays who don't know any better

The way I see it, if I send in a modern book and miss something for it to come back a 9.2, I deserve it

Just now, the blob said:

Yeah, I know what a prescreen is.......it was the pee screen that threw me off.

My point was....I still haven't seen a book that has more 9.8's on the census that every other grade except for one.

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah, I know what a prescreen is.......it was the pee screen that threw me off.

My point was....I still haven't seen a book that has more 9.8's on the census that every other grade except for one.

I have seen plenty. Don't ask me to submit links. 

11 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

Was that the eBay buyer who had the username: pastimperfekt? If so, I remember him buying every high-grade Marvel slab in sight. He was mentioned here more than a few times in the past, circa. 2007-2008. Wonder what ever happened to him - did he run out of money?

He moved into Golden Age books.

14 hours ago, ectocooler said:

It does, they do it to mine all the time. Here’s the email. I have to go back in to the listing and change it back.

6C62A45A-9F84-4C2A-B7AB-C1538B76BC2A.jpeg

I've had this happen but only after I've gone in to edit the price of a listing.

If you change the price, it automatically checks the "accept offers" box in the listing.

8 hours ago, cujobyte said:

Some moderns are nice in 9.2.

Absolutely. I had a ASM 346 nd 347 signed by Larsen and the 346 come back a 9.2 when I thought it was 9.6. The 347 was 9.6

A bit disappointing but still a very nice book

On 5/6/2021 at 5:06 PM, ectocooler said:
On 5/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, Bludriver said:

Someone was selling an item for $100 with best offer. I offered $80, expecting either an acceptance or counter-offer. But I was turned down.

Sellers like that I just ignore going forward, they are not worth dealing with.

eBay has this new feature where they randomly add ‘allow offers’ to people’s listings even if they originally set it to no offers. Might be what happened with this seller.

Yea I saw that a few months ago, but more recently I've had stuff up for 2+ months and the offers aren't getting automatically added, so I'm thinking they backed that out.

What's also likely is that they never turned off the allow offers feature.  Ebay has gotten sneaky about that by turning it on by default and hiding it down below a section of auction options that you have to click to expand.  I assume most sellers either don't know it's there or sometimes forget to turn it off.

22 hours ago, letsgrumble said:
On 5/6/2021 at 9:12 AM, fantastic_four said:

Back in 2010 we had one deep pocket setting records on almost every highest-graded Silver and Bronze Age Marvel. 

Was that the eBay buyer who had the username: pastimperfekt? If so, I remember him buying every high-grade Marvel slab in sight. He was mentioned here more than a few times in the past, circa. 2007-2008. Wonder what ever happened to him - did he run out of money?

The guy I'm referring to started buying in 2010, and I never identified any eBay account at the time.  I really only watch Silver and Bronze Age Marvel prices, and 2010 was specifically the only year I saw him tearing up that market.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:43 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Submit a link.

Goon 1, Goon 2, Darkhawk 1, Spawn 1, Locke & Key 1, tons of books have more 9.8s than any other grade. Locke & Key 1 has more 9.8s than all the others put together. Quite possibly because it was an instant sellout and like 10% of the copies bought were sent to CGC. Spawn 1 does too.

1 hour ago, the blob said:
On 5/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Submit a link.

Goon 1, Goon 2, Darkhawk 1, Spawn 1, Locke & Key 1, tons of books have more 9.8s than any other grade. Locke & Key 1 has more 9.8s than all the others put together. Quite possibly because it was an instant sellout and like 10% of the copies bought were sent to CGC. Spawn 1 does too.

That's not a link. (tsk)

On 5/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, the blob said:

Pee screen. Why would anyone spend the money to get that back in 9.2?

I'm thinking the list of books where people submitted and shouldn't have because they came back under 9.4 would be longer. 

Edited by Domo Arigato

33 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

That's not a link. (tsk)

I'm thinking the list of books where people submitted and shouldn't have because they came back under 9.4 would be longer. 

You can look in the census too

On 5/6/2021 at 8:39 PM, the blob said:
On 5/6/2021 at 8:36 PM, Domo Arigato said:

But 82 people did submit books to get a 9.2 grade or lower on it.

The 9.2 are from when folks didn't do prescreens or newbies nowadays who don't know any better

12 minutes ago, the blob said:

You can look in the census too

I looked, but couldn't find the part of the census that tells you why everyone submitted.