• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thrilling Comics #23 Pedigree?

8 posts in this topic

I have this really nice Thrilling Comics #23 in 7.0ish condition that has a very pronounced 'C' on the cover. My mind is trying to recall if there is a pedigree set that has 'C' written on the cover or if this is just a unique situation. Check it our for yourself. It's right under the Thrilling wording:

cThrillingComics23.png

On 4/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, whetteon said:

I have this really nice Thrilling Comics #23 in 7.0ish condition that has a very pronounced 'C' on the cover. My mind is trying to recall if there is a pedigree set that has 'C' written on the cover or if this is just a unique situation. Check it our for yourself. It's right under the Thrilling wording:

cThrillingComics23.png

Cool cover but not from an obvious pedigree.

2 hours ago, whetteon said:

I was thinking c was a “cropping” or something. Like Dave Crippin? Well either way it’s an awesome comic. It has just been nagging me.

Crippen from that time period would have the owner's number assigned on the splash page.  Crippen's usually have a D code.