• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS (UPDATED)
1 1

24 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Doesn't help my ebay limit is only 10k lol

That is ok. I had the same problem years ago. If you pick up the phone and call them then explain what you want to list and its value they will raise your limit. 

On 5/10/2021 at 11:18 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That is ok. I had the same problem years ago. If you pick up the phone and call them then explain what you want to list and its value they will raise your limit. 

Yeah same. I just told them I had a hot comic that was worth up to 25k I wanted to list and I had the ability to do so within 24 hours.

They want their fees.

cgc50uf4newsstand.thumb.png.3544e14da87872394bb4ab33031cfc58.png

I have recently been informed that this book is NOT a "variant", so I suppose paying $3,000 for a CGC 5.0 of a "regular" edition from 2011 is some kind of new record as well, possibly even a higher record price than all the variants on those "modern variant" lists that get all the attention.

A regular edition that matters this much?  It's unheard of!  Outrage!  Let's all protest... something. (shrug)

On 10/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, valiantman said:

cgc50uf4newsstand.thumb.png.3544e14da87872394bb4ab33031cfc58.png

I have recently been informed that this book is NOT a "variant", so I suppose paying $3,000 for a CGC 5.0 of a "regular" edition from 2011 is some kind of new record as well, possibly even a higher record price than all the variants on those "modern variant" lists that get all the attention.

A regular edition that matters this much?  It's unheard of!  Outrage!  Let's all protest... something. (shrug)

If we're going to cal Newsstands variants, then it makes sense that any book that has more than one version is a variant (so basically, any book from the late '70s to the 2010s that wasn't direct-only), since a Direct varies from the Newsstand. I agree that a Newsstand Edition isn't a "variant"; but also agree that this book is far more important than a lot, if not all, of the variants in the other thread.