• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Been Banned By MyComicShop
6 6

113 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

They have that reputation now.

And that’s often the case on the stock that’s above a certain dollar amount and merits an actual photo of the book and a grade specific to that copy. 

The stock that’s below a certain dollar amount, has a stock photo and a general grade....that can be a horse of a different color. 

The only thing I can logically think of- and this is in reaction to the OP specifying that he was told the "owner" doesn't want to do business with him- is that, either he's complained seemingly too many times and sent things back, which is the owner's right- or there was something outside of MCS, like on Facebook or something. It would have to be one or the other. I know Buddy has a newsletter in which he fairly forewarns customers that it contains his political views, so that you don't read it if you don't want to- for all we know, it's related to that, like someone left a remark or something. And I could be completely off. It's just very odd, and I say that never having met the owners or management ever. But I do spend literally thousands with them per year and hundreds per month and have been ordering from them literally every week and they always exceed my expectations, so I've got to give them the benefit of a doubt for that. 

16 minutes ago, kav said:

They have had that reputation for years.  I have been buying from them for 8 years.  Boards have mentioned their their tight grading for at least that long.  What years were they overgrading may I ask?

Back when they had the physical comic stores in Texas the grading was not as tight in their online presence. It was still way better then Milehigh but not nearly as tight as it is now. 

I've heard of a number of people being banned over the years, mostly for excessive returns and one who may have used a few salty words on the phone with a rep.  Stuff happens. If it is important to you, try opening the lines of communication with an email.

2 hours ago, wisbyron said:

The only thing I can logically think of- and this is in reaction to the OP specifying that he was told the "owner" doesn't want to do business with him- is that, either he's complained seemingly too many times and sent things back, which is the owner's right- or there was something outside of MCS, like on Facebook or something. It would have to be one or the other. I know Buddy has a newsletter in which he fairly forewarns customers that it contains his political views, so that you don't read it if you don't want to- for all we know, it's related to that, like someone left a remark or something. And I could be completely off. It's just very odd, and I say that never having met the owners or management ever. But I do spend literally thousands with them per year and hundreds per month and have been ordering from them literally every week and they always exceed my expectations, so I've got to give them the benefit of a doubt for that. 

He has moved his political views to a standalone newsletter that you have to click through to get to. I believe he was losing a great deal of business by having his political views in the open forum. Much like Chuck Rozanski's very public embrace of his "Bettie Pages" personality and Chuck's gender fluidity, Buddy's political stance may have honked a lot of buyers off.

2 hours ago, JWKyle said:

Back when they had the physical comic stores in Texas the grading was not as tight in their online presence. It was still way better then Milehigh but not nearly as tight as it is now. 

I had rather mixed opinions about their physical store presence... but then for a couple years, I was managing a store in competition with one of their expansion locations. So probably had a teensy bit of bias. Bygones are bygones, all these years later; they're easily my favorite store these days.

In any case, I don't think I've ever had a book from online-era MCS that I felt was overgraded, and that includes a lot of cheapo issues.

21 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

He has moved his political views to a standalone newsletter that you have to click through to get to. I believe he was losing a great deal of business by having his political views in the open forum. Much like Chuck Rozanski's very public embrace of his "Bettie Pages" personality and Chuck's gender fluidity, Buddy's political stance may have honked a lot of buyers off.

Ah, I didn't know that. I do know that his politics and mine do not align but all I did was ignore the link to the newsletter and appreciated him having the foresight to warn some of his customers what his newsletter entailed. I used to read Chuck's newsletter but not in some time but his embrace of his femme persona is a weak reason to stop shopping; the ludicrous pricing at Mile High should be reason enough! Chuck's newsletter lists what the topic is gonna be; one could easily just not click on it if it's a subject involving his drag shows or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Ah, I didn't know that. I do know that his politics and mine do not align but all I did was ignore the link to the newsletter and appreciated him having the foresight to warn some of his customers what his newsletter entailed. I used to read Chuck's newsletter but not in some time but his embrace of his femme persona is a weak reason to stop shopping; the ludicrous pricing at Mile High should be reason enough! Chuck's newsletter lists what the topic is gonna be; one could easily just not click on it if it's a subject involving his drag shows or whatever. 

Chuck in drag :fear:

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

For me, their service has always been top notch. I'm sorry to hear about this...  :(

I know that some are questioning the OP’s account based on their experiences with MCS.  And I’ll concede upfront that their may be more to the story than has been revealed. 

However, a few years ago I had a MCS CSR experience that quickly went sideways for, believe me, no apparent reason. So based on my personal experience, I don’t automatically discount the OP’s story either. 

Others have praised their CS to the hilt. When I read those I just figure that when MCS has an off-day they REALLY have an off-day. 

Don’t get me wrong:  I’m not a MCS “hater”.  Whenever I bought books that have photos I’ve always been happy with what I receive. I avoid the stock-photo stuff unless I just really feel like gambling. 

And from my own experience I know that if I have CS issue I’m just just gonna have to suck it up. 

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I know that some are questioning the OP’s account based on their experiences with MCS.  And I’ll concede upfront that their may be more to the story than has been revealed. 

That's really the point of it all, the OP doesnt know, so could be he never got the info, which is reasonable 

Also, mcs blocking someone for no reason is also like ???

Lol wish in one hand pitch fork in the other see which one gets results hm

I don't have anything new to contribute, but I'll second/third/fourth/whatever it's up to at this point... They typically under-grade, so perhaps OP is a habitual overly critical returner. BUT I am not asserting that suspicion as fact...@ADAMANTIUM put it most maturely & succinctly (per usual), the problem is that OP doesn't know why he was banned. If he's banned, he's owed the professional courtesy of knowing why...

C_

Edited by Callaway29

16 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I don't have anything new to contribute, but I'll second/third/fourth/whatever it's up to at this point... They typically under-grade, so perhaps OP is a habitual overly critical returner. BUT I am not asserting that suspicion as fact...@ADAMANTIUM put it most maturely & succinctly (per usual), the problem is that OP doesn't know why he was banned. If he's banned, he's owed the professional courtesy of knowing why...

C_

Not speaking for anyone else but I've learned it's best not to give a 'reason' for your decision-this can lead to ad infinitum arguments as the person argues against the 'reason'.  I've always advised people when they say no, do not give a reason.  It can go something like this:
"Can i borrow your car tomorrow?"
"No"
"Why not?"
"I need to use it"
"Ok what about the next day?"
"I need to use it the next day too"
"Ok what day wont you need it?"

You can get trapped by your own reason as the person sees a way to nullify it.

40 minutes ago, kav said:

Not speaking for anyone else but I've learned it's best not to give a 'reason' for your decision-this can lead to ad infinitum arguments as the person argues against the 'reason'.  I've always advised people when they say no, do not give a reason.  It can go something like this:
"No"
"Why not?"
"I need to use it"
"Ok what about the next day?"
"I need to use it the next day too"
"Ok what day wont you need it?"

You can get trapped by your own reason as the person sees a way to nullify it.

I disagree... 

Sometimes 'no' with the reason is perfectly fine. 

"No"
"Why not?"
"I don't trust your driving - consider that you need to borrow my car because you just got into yet another accident."