• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Been Banned By MyComicShop
6 6

113 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
33 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Your dad banned me from your mom's house

:shy:

Expand  

giphy-7.gif.fb6210d62fc967cc59188a3a1825088a.gif

which we did not have to do! :baiting:

On 4/30/2021 at 4:01 PM, wisbyron said:

Ah, I didn't know that. I do know that his politics and mine do not align but all I did was ignore the link to the newsletter and appreciated him having the foresight to warn some of his customers what his newsletter entailed. I used to read Chuck's newsletter but not in some time but his embrace of his femme persona is a weak reason to stop shopping; the ludicrous pricing at Mile High should be reason enough! Chuck's newsletter lists what the topic is gonna be; one could easily just not click on it if it's a subject involving his drag shows or whatever. 

Chucks newsletter was crazy weird long before he appeared in drag

23 hours ago, kav said:

Not speaking for anyone else but I've learned it's best not to give a 'reason' for your decision-this can lead to ad infinitum arguments as the person argues against the 'reason'.  I've always advised people when they say no, do not give a reason.  It can go something like this:
"Can i borrow your car tomorrow?"
"No"
"Why not?"
"I need to use it"
"Ok what about the next day?"
"I need to use it the next day too"
"Ok what day wont you need it?"

You can get trapped by your own reason as the person sees a way to nullify it.

“Can I borrow your car”

”no”

”why not?”

”I don’t really trust adults who haven’t managed to buy themselves a car by the time they’re your age.”

that should end it

19 hours ago, kav said:

Never loan your car.  Ever.  Watch judge judy.  If you have to give em money for a rental but do not ever loan your car.  You could end up with a wrecked car not covered by ins, a lawsuit against you-all kinds of stuff.  And now ex friend will be saying its your fault deal with it.

They would say "why" and if you said because youre an a hole they would say "why" then when you started bringing up instances they would argue ad infinitum why they werent.

They ask why and I say because 🤬 you, that’s why 

4 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

They ask why and I say because 🤬 you, that’s why 

I like it.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, JWKyle said:

Back when they had the physical comic stores in Texas the grading was not as tight in their online presence. It was still way better then Milehigh but not nearly as tight as it is now. 

Correct. In fact, I believe these boards had somewhat of a say in them changing how they do some things, because Conan used to actually post here and respond.

Because of it, they improved their grading to match how CGC grades - before they didn't use anything other than a nm designation for what they considered raw books 9.0 or above - they started scanning pictures of higher dollar books (previously they used all generic pics) - and... they may have even upgraded their packaging.

To me, they've gotten even better since then - in particular there order response and shipping has gotten really fast.

As Conan has taken over from his Dad, he's really made a huge difference to that business.

1 hour ago, mycomicshop said:

Hi @NamesJay, sorry to hear about the trouble you had. I looked into it and think I see what happened.

Looks like your previous order that caused the block was March 2017 for 39 copies of the same issue (multiple copies of a bunch of variants). I'm guessing this is the order where you had returns, though I don't have any notes about how many items were returned or further details about that. I don't know if this was the first order with returns or if you had returns on that account previously.

When we get returns, if the quantity of the return is small and/or the person processing the return on our end agrees with the reason for the return (we overgraded or made some other mistake), the returned inventory is regraded or corrected as needed and refiled, and the appropriate refund is issued, and there's no judgment of the buyer for returning. If the quantity of returns is high relative to how much was ordered, and if in our opinion many of the returned items were correctly graded (eg we wouldn't necessarily change the grade if refiling them), then they'll sometimes be given to Buddy, the company owner, to review the grades to give a final determination if he thinks they were fairly graded to our standards.

Usually, when we get somebody returning a larger number of books that results in this kind of review, the comics in question are all modern era books under $10 that we've graded NM on the "letter grade" scale (NM, VF, FN, etc) rather than books that we graded on the 10 point scale (NM+ 9.6, NM 9.4, NM- 9.2, etc). A letter graded NM from us does not mean the comic is guaranteed to get a CGC 9.4. A letter graded NM book from us could encompass anything on the ten point scale from NM- 9.2 up to NM/M 9.8, perhaps occasionally a rare 9.0 VF/NM. We sometimes get customers returning letter graded NM books because what they want are NM+ 9.6 or NM/M 9.8 candidates for slabbing. We can't accommodate people fishing for only 9.6 and 9.8 range books from among our letter graded NM inventory.

If Buddy reviews the returns and determines that many of the items were fairly graded to our standards and the customer expectations are too high, then we may choose to limit that customer's account. In the past, the main option for this was blocking the account from ordering.

Within the past few years we've added other, softer options than blocking the account. One option is informing the customer that all future orders are on a non-returnable basis due to disagreement about grading expectations. Another is to mark the account so that it can only order slabbed comics. And of course in some cases it's appropriate just to warn the buyer that their grading expectations are higher than we can provide, without blocking them. Blocking should be more of a last resort for people that are fraudulent, particularly rude or hostile, or have proven to be completely unreasonable or a big timesink to deal with for whatever reason.

We also have some new faces in our customer service department that I think are doing a better job at handling these kinds of situations. A former employee who wasn't great at de-escalating disagreements and was too quick to block an account doesn't work for us any more, and I think our CS department is stronger because of that.

I'm taking this discussion as an opportunity for me to remind our current CS team that where appropriate we want to reach for those softer, intermediate options (warning, non-returnable status, or slabs-only purchasing) rather than completely blocking an account. I've updated Jay's account with notes, unblocked the account, and am PMing Jay to follow up.

Best,
Conan

Conan, has it ever occurred to you that your first name doesn't suit you?  Conan would hack and slice .....

conan.jpg