• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Peter Parker become Spider-man only because he could not afford to go to the hospital to get treated.
1 1

59 posts in this topic

He would most likely have been detained and used as an experimental subject after hospital tests revealed blood anomalies or cellular mutation.

Edited by Ken Aldred

7 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

An alternative explanation would be ‘great responsibility’.

Bah what about all the people his spider crew could have saved he just threw em to the wind so he could have sole glory.

4 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Great and thought provoking post!

This woulda done the trick. Rub a little of this all over and voila... no Spider-man!

Aloe Vera Man would have defeated Spider Man.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

A responsible adult should have seen he got a mongoose blood transfusion.

If I recall the Golden Age reference, he’d definitely need a urine sample done after that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, kav said:

Bah what about all the people his spider crew could have saved he just threw em to the wind so he could have sole glory.

What If 7 had a story like this, where some of the supporting cast got the powers, but with negative outcomes, apart from Parker continuing as the only Spider-Man in the end.

But, the arachnid powers have always found their way in isolation to others; Jessica Drew, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, etc.

22 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

One time a spider bit me. All I got was a spider bite. Didn't realize until AFTER I jumped off a building. 

You can’t have missed the Peter Parkour joke there.