• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 1 - Grade is in!

32 posts in this topic

I knew I saw this posted recently.  I'm assuming it is still for sale?  The consensus grade landed around 7.0, and the BC corner was noted but there were no guesses as to what it was. Appears to me to be water damage...

There are more pictures that include interior pictures in this post:

On 5/2/2021 at 12:37 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

Thanks for taking a look (thumbsu

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.17.36 AM (2).png

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.18.06 AM (2).png

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.22.20 AM (2).png

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 8.23.10 AM (2).png

So you were the successful bidder on this! I don't know what happened, I had bidded, then put in what looked like the final bid, the clock ticked down, no other bids came in, and they closed the lot showing my bid as the highest.

The next day they sent a message saying I was outbid.

Congratulations. You got a bargain, but I would be interested in what happened from your perspective.

38 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

So you were the successful bidder on this! I don't know what happened, I had bidded, then put in what looked like the final bid, the clock ticked down, no other bids came in, and they closed the lot showing my bid as the highest.

The next day they sent a message saying I was outbid.

Congratulations. You got a bargain, but I would be interested in what happened from your perspective.

Nothing out of the ordinary on my end. I bought a few other auctions later in the day and no problem there either. I had budgeted how high I would go and placed a bid near the end, it went to extended bidding, someone else bid higher, went to extended again and I bid once more...it ticked down with the "bidding about to close" message three times and then closed showing my bidder number as the winner.

Getting a message the next day saying you were outbid is normal. I got them for the other comics I bid on and didn't win.

Edited by MatterEaterLad

That is weird. It definitely closed showing my bid as highest. The trouble is their software switches straight over to the next lot so there is little chance to get a record of it and no chance to check back.

I won't be trusting that auction house again.

Did you get a win email right after? Their auction platform sends a win confirmation automatically. I'm assuming the outbid emails go out later in case there are bid retractions. There were live bid retractions which I thought was weird (not on that auction, but others). Didn't know what was even possible.