• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see your top 10
9 9

273 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Of course it's a compliment! :foryou:

I was going to put together my top ten X-Men books but my slab collection is too disorganized. 

Since you asked, I grabbed ten random non-Marvel (since we're seeing a lot of Marvel) GA/early silver first issues. 

1483076703_Top10nonmarvel.thumb.jpg.647d778a56aa990ae959206f3bb494b0.jpg

Excellent.  Wonderful  variety.  

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'll take that as a compliment but you should absolutely post your top 10!!  I love seeing everyone's collections.  I enjoy sharing my books here because the people in this group are among the very few who can truly appreciate them.  I don't get too many chances to talk about them otherwise.  :angel:

If you ever need someone to babysit them for you let me know. If one or two happen to go missing, no big deal right? You have to assume a little bit of shrinkage (not the George Costanza kind) 

3 hours ago, october said:

Tough acts to follow, but these are gold, so a little different. Not a huge slab fan, so mine are all ungraded. 

1 (3).jpg

The Tec and Captain America own the thread.

2 minutes ago, october said:

This is the issue where J. Scott Campbell submitted a plan for a video game? I remember thinking his designs were so awesome when I was a kid. Would love to see all of the drawings for the levels they didn't show. 

yes it's one of my favorite, I have 2 signature series, but this one garnered a sketch of "pizza" by Campbell at the last CGC in-house signing :):whee: 

still, it's nice to have that on the label, but it's not a "big" sketch or a GGA or anything lol , so I sent it in to be signed and sketched by Eastman too :pullhair: 

it's been at CGC since December, and I have confirmation that it has been signed and sketched late April 2021 and is still at "received in pressing" lol 

it's taking the long way home :ohnoez: 

1 minute ago, umyeahwhatevers said:

Just like someone else I decided Signature Series...

First Row:
Star Wars #1 signed by George Lucas
Tank Girl #1 signed by Jamie Hewlett and Alan Martin
Sandman #1 signed by and sketched by Neil Gaiman
Amazing Spider-Man #300 signed by Stan Lee, Todd McFarlane, and David Michelinie
Scott Pilgrim, Full-Colour Odds & Ends signed by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Second Row:
Marvel Milestones X-Men #1 signed by 'Jack Kirby' and Stan Lee
Batman: Harley Quinn signed by Alex Ross
Parker v2 signed by Darwyn Cooke
House of Secrets #92 signed by Bernie Wrightson and Louise Simonson
Game of Thrones #1 signed by George RR Martin

Top 10 SS.jpg

That hos92 wrightson is  :x

Love the Alex Ross, I think his signature is a must one at least one considering he doesn't do them often

I personally love the tank girl, are you going to get Margot robbie too?

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That hos92 wrightson is  :x

Love the Alex Ross, I think his signature is a must one at least one considering he doesn't do them often

I personally love the tank girl, are you going to get Margot robbie too?

Thank you.
The HOS 92 was purchased raw many years ago at a store that was selling fill a half box for $35.
After digging through SO many long boxes of drek I ended up finding a couple of overlooked books including that one.

I completely agree re: Ross.  He is a master.

Thought about it, but decided I will not be getting Margot Robbie as I generally steer clear of actors.
(and I already have a Lori Petty SS Tank Girl book)

Edited by umyeahwhatevers