• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assuming we're in a bubble, what DOESN'T pop and lose its value?
1 1

76 posts in this topic

If this collecting bubble pops once the world gets back to semi-normal, what high prices aren't going away? I'm guessing we'll never see golden age blue chips drop, and probably not keys from Marvel's beginning. And I can't decide yet on Ultimate Fallout #4.

What do you think will survive this (all-but-certain) bubble?

I disagree that this bubble is going to pop any time soon. Prices may slow down and plateau, and we will probs see some dips in sales on some books (gsx1 and ih181, NM98, etc) but once trailers or official announcements come out for X-Men in the MCU, those books will spike even harder. 

and assuming X-men and Fantastic Four are the next big phases for the MCU, they will continue to climb for years. 

the silly Wandavision and Falcon and Winter Soldier spec books will all come down for sure (Madame Hydra lmao)

1 minute ago, Ablation Steve said:

Goodness! I stated it as "assuming" and "if it does pop." While I believe it's all but certain, I'm not asking if you think it's a bubble. I'm asking IF IT DOES, what are the most solid books.

Consider it a thought experiment.

Can call it what it is though

Speculation 

1 hour ago, csaag said:

Why does it have to 'pop'?   Many valuable assets don't pop, they just settle down in a trading range above the level before they stated their last climb

I'd think 'keys' would do this.  Random spec books solely due to MCU may be a different story

Accurate

If I had to make a serious guess

I'd say the ones that had value before any "bubble will retain value, cause "bubble means different things to different people. And those were just trying to describe which "bubble" if any you mean.

But if you can, ask what had value before the trend happened. Meaning if the value is long standing, assume it may only go down a little.

If it is otherwise, then the opposite. Price hikes have always been a trend, but those that have retained before will retain again. Not being to familiar with all the books in creation (a bit over the top) there are still too many to name that have always been valuable.

In short, despite my best attempts, I think we all need the topic narrowed lol

Go to each forum and give a listen to what is being oh that's ridiculous and oh that's gotten even higher. Use the verbiage to discern 

Hulk has obvious books so does ASM and so on 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If I had to make a serious guess

I'd say the ones that had value before any "bubble will retain value, cause "bubble means different things to different people. And those were just trying to describe which "bubble" if any you mean.

But if you can, ask what had value before the trend happened. Meaning if the value is long standing, assume it may only go down a little.

If it is otherwise, then the opposite. Price hikes have always been a trend, but those that have retained before will retain again. Not being to familiar with all the books in creation (a bit over the top) there are still too many to name that have always been valuable.

In short, despite my best attempts, I think we all need the topic narrowed lol

Go to each forum and give a listen to what is being oh that's ridiculous and oh that's gotten even higher. Use the verbiage to discern 

Hulk has obvious books so does ASM and so on 

@adamantium the comic book philosopher who would have known?!!(thumbsu

Keep in mind what MCU rumors did to many books. For instance, Warlock rumors popped related keys, which never really "corrected" even after the rumors never materialized.

If we do get a correction here, I think it's foolish to assume that we'll see a return to pre-bubble prices. Rather, modest drops in price seem quite possible to me.

Edited by DavidTheDavid