• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Fantasy 15
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

Please see pics for my AF15. Has previously been graded 1.5, (non-CGC.) Big detractors are the piece missing from back cvr that's 1/5 of the size, chipping and cover detached. 

Cgc 1.5-2.0 after a press?

Thanks

cover-m~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-152027.png

Edited by drmanhattanite

I think that'll get a 1.0, but I've been surprised plenty before. I'm admittedly not pro-"press everything", so take this with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't press this. None of the grade-determining flaws are pressable, so you're not going to get a grade bump. And with the cover detached at one staple and halfway there at the other, I personally wouldn't risk a fully detached cover in an effort to correct that spine roll for purely visual appeal.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I agree completely...it's just to dangerous to take such a fragile/unstable book like that out of the slab in my opinion

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem taking that book out, reading it, flipping through it.  It doesn't look like it's falling apart. Looks pretty good, actually.

My point was, what's the point?  I don't see pressing getting that book a higher grade, because the defects keep it in the 1.0 slot for CGC.  At least, that's my belief.